Current game play?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    So far what i can see of the current game play on Starmade is. Single player to me is just boring. The lack of a friend to play with just kills it. IF there was some way to build an npc fleet to follow me that might make single player feel less lonely. Multiplayer or servers seem to run on broken game play. Every server iv been on you don't actually mine or play the resource and trade game, all you do is just vote for the server and you get all you need to build a dredknot. Then you go grief some one and IF they catch you, you and the other will duke it out in a dps race to see who can core drill faster, but the person that lags the most looses. Only one server iv been on has more then 1 pirate to battle but no one plays the pve game. I am now wondering what the game play is now.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    That kinda is the game right now, from what I hear anyways. I just build.

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Votes have become less OP due to the uselessness of credits.
    Regarding Pirates, it depends on the server you play. Some have a nice set of custom ones....

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    There are servers that do not have such voting for resources. They are in fact the majority of servers. Because they are less high profile (voting for resources is what makes those servers high profile), they have substantially less population. One such that I play on will regularly have at least a few people logged on during the evening, so you are not alone. Among those servers that do not have voting are several who have significantly beefed up pirates, including the one I play on.

Do not feel you must play on one of those heavily populated top ranked servers. The only reason they are top ranked is because of the voting for resources, NOT because they are necessarily the best servers to play on. Unless the only criteria for a good server for you is dozens of players playing simultaneously (good luck with the lag), then you have lots of options.

I have had a great many hours of enjoyment harvesting resources from pirates that are more than capable of taking down a mid range ship if you are not careful.

Reaction score
    So far what i can see of the current game play on Starmade is. Single player to me is just boring. The lack of a friend to play with just kills it. IF there was some way to build an npc fleet to follow me that might make single player feel less lonely. Multiplayer or servers seem to run on broken game play. Every server iv been on you don't actually mine or play the resource and trade game, all you do is just vote for the server and you get all you need to build a dredknot. Then you go grief some one and IF they catch you, you and the other will duke it out in a dps race to see who can core drill faster, but the person that lags the most looses. Only one server iv been on has more then 1 pirate to battle but no one plays the pve game. I am now wondering what the game play is now.
    I agree with Panpiper and jorgekorke

Find or make server that is not vote driven. They exist and people play on them.

The server I play on is PvP with custom pirates. You have to mine to gather the resources necessary to PvP or PvE. Because of this I have seen real player economy.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hmm. Sounds like I need to find a pve/pvp server that runs real economy and has a good set up for pirate. Can any one point me in the right direction?