Upcoming RP server needs Staff - We will be the "Hardest" Server ever.

Reaction score
    Hey all,

So we will be releasing a introduction to our server's Beta Test Run launching this next week, but prior to doing so, we are looking to complete our team for this exciting server project.

About what we are doing: Savage Horizons will be the "Hardest" RP Server in starmade. We are going with a Firefly general outline and core, and bringing it at a time further in the future enough for artistic liberties. Currently we have the following aspects that are setting us apart:

-A massivley overhauled and in depth RP world with A whole spectrum of PVE elements to fight and explore From common space-thugs in
    small fighters to brutal Pirate fleets requiring teamwork and skill
    to overcome! A host of other unique PVE challenges, both scheduled as
    events, and awaiting discovery in the depths of space.(Including dozens of new stations, Pirate Bosses, Handcrafted RP
    treasure hunts and lore in hundreds of places in the cosmos.

- We are using NuclearFun ships for our base pirate fleet. Yes you heard correctly. We are currently overhauling and modifying this amazing Shipcrafter's works to develop the most terrifying NPC pirate's to date. ( scaled appropriately and with care not to make things just stupid) We believe with this as our core, and only the addition of custom pirates from here on out, we will be able to give experienced players an unparalleled level of difficulty.

- We are removing and modifying items in the game and making them unique or more intractable or just rare as possible. Our hopes are to promote a higher player based economy and commerce and divert away from classic shop farming techniques and principles. As well as our hopes to introduce multiple "Tiers" of things like salvage, jump drives etc etc to give players continual growth and goals.

All we lack now is the rest of our team. We hope this post sparks interest in other people who are looking for a more difficult and intense RP Starmade experience, but without all the drama so many other servers have. If you are interested in being more than just a player in our amazing project, all open positions open in our administration are listed below.

(All positions that are filled in the time to come will be marked accordingly . We are in need of the following:

Head admin

Admin [Filled]

Admin

Technical Admin ( Who knows XML , config etc etc)

Head RP admin [Filled]

RP Admin

Moderator [Filled]

We also need any and all builders! we have a huge amount of re engineering and designing to do as well as limitless project list of creative works needed! If you are wanting to just help make a Savage world for the future players, or wanting to be a permanent feature in our construction department, please don't be shy!

Head Server Builder/Designer ( A VERY VERY IMPORTANT ROLE!)
    Builder One: [Filled]
    Builder Two:

If you are not interested in being part of our staff, but the idea of joining our Beta test run appeals to you, please feel free to PM me for our contact info and where to sign up!

Beta Testers:

Beta Players Signed up: 6
    Beta Players Needed: 15

Post here and then PM me!

Thank you for reading!
    Cheers.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1425938303,1425938232][/DOUBLEPOST]We would also love to find someone good at creating/developing/maintaining websites and marketing/banners/PR etc etc

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Good luck with your server! I'd do your site for you, but I already have too many pro bono projects.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Will be following this as it develops. Highly interested.

Reaction score
    Good luck with your server! I'd do your site for you, but I already have too many pro bono projects.
    Thank you! And I understand completely! I am sure we will find a web designer/graphic designer who will help after we post our main server post and seem more legit and ready. Thank you guys for ALL YOUR SUPPORT! All of you make up and create this awesome community and it has been nothing but a pleasure to pursue this endeavor with so much help and kind words! Thank you all!

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Good luck! I have one server that takes up all my time, but otherwise I would love to come and help out.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Good luck with the server! Expanded PvE and events sounds extremely fun. Should give a taste of what the game will eventually become, which is amazing!

Reactions: Menoetius
    Reaction score
    Hey all,

So we will be releasing a introduction to our server's Beta Test Run launching this next week, but prior to doing so, we are looking to complete our team for this exciting server project.

About what we are doing: Savage Horizons will be the "Hardest" RP Server in starmade. We are going with a Firefly general outline and core, and bringing it at a time further in the future enough for artistic liberties. Currently we have the following aspects that are setting us apart:

-A massivley overhauled and in depth RP world with A whole spectrum of PVE elements to fight and explore From common space-thugs in
    events, and awaiting discovery in the depths of space.(Including dozens of new stations, Pirate Bosses, Handcrafted RP

- We are using NuclearFun ships for our base pirate fleet. Yes you heard correctly. We are currently overhauling and modifying this amazing Shipcrafter's works to develop the most terrifying NPC pirate's to date. ( scaled appropriately and with care not to make things just stupid) We believe with this as our core, and only the addition of custom pirates from here on out, we will be able to give experienced players an unparalleled level of difficulty.

- We are removing and modifying items in the game and making them unique or more intractable or just rare as possible. Our hopes are to promote a higher player based economy and commerce and divert away from classic shop farming techniques and principles. As well as our hopes to introduce multiple "Tiers" of things like salvage, jump drives etc etc to give players continual growth and goals.

All we lack now is the rest of our team. We hope this post sparks interest in other people who are looking for a more difficult and intense RP Starmade experience, but without all the drama so many other servers have. If you are interested in being more than just a player in our amazing project, all open positions open in our administration are listed below.

(All positions that are filled in the time to come will be marked accordingly . We are in need of the following:

Head admin

Admin [Filled]

Admin

Head RP admin [Filled]

RP Admin

Moderator [Filled]

We also need any and all builders! we have a huge amount of re engineering and designing to do as well as limitless project list of creative works needed! If you are wanting to just help make a Savage world for the future players, or wanting to be a permanent feature in our construction department, please don't be shy!

Builder Two:

If you are not interested in being part of our staff, but the idea of joining our Beta test run appeals to you, please feel free to PM me for our contact info and where to sign up!

Beta Testers:

Thank you for reading!
    Cheers.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1425938303,1425938232][/DOUBLEPOST]We would also love to find someone good at creating/developing/maintaining websites and marketing/banners/PR etc etc
    Sending a PM now

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    After reading the official post. A bit of a pity that you so directly compete with Ragnarok, but I hope all goes well regardless. Perhaps it will spur us both to greater heights.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    This sounds like an intriguing project indeed... I shall be watching. Good luck to you and your team, and may bugs and game limitations be no hindrance your progress.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Menoetius

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    After reading the official post. A bit of a pity that you so directly compete with Ragnarok, but I hope all goes well regardless. Perhaps it will spur us both to greater heights.
    Fight!

Reaction score
    Directly competes? I believe you are really mistaken. I have said nothing but glowing things about your community as well as aspire to be nearly as well put together and well ran as you guys are. Other than the fact that we are heavy RP I feel we are looking to Cater to an entirely different group of people, Those who are bored with the level of difficulty. Our RP is not elaborate or intense and sophisticated like yours. It is literally what life would mostly be like in the obvious setting, Deep,Dangerous and Desolate space. Again I do NOT want you to feel like we are anything other than allies my friend!

Reactions: Lidren

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    I am definitely interested, but I don't think I'd be good staff material (due to periodic long absences due to my waxing and waning interest in the game), or I'd apply for moderator.

I've had experience in making infantry maps for other games, though (Starsiege: Tribes, Sauerbraten), and they tended to be quite good, so if you need an interior designer for on-foot events, I can do that, as long as I have enough warning to brainstorm ideas.

Edit: In regards to difficulty, I hope it's on par with pre-weapons-update Tectum Clementia. Shields being inefficient would definitely make it more reasonable combat-wise, as there'd be really good reasons to not take a massive ship into combat except for in major attacks. You might also be able to take inspiration for events from how Discovery RP 24/7 (Server for the Discovery mod for Freelancer) works.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I am definitely interested, but I don't think I'd be good staff material (due to periodic long absences due to my waxing and waning interest in the game), or I'd apply for moderator.

I've had experience in making infantry maps for other games, though (Starsiege: Tribes, Sauerbraten), and they tended to be quite good, so if you need an interior designer for on-foot events, I can do that, as long as I have enough warning to brainstorm ideas.

Edit: In regards to difficulty, I hope it's on par with pre-weapons-update Tectum Clementia. Shields being inefficient would definitely make it more reasonable combat-wise, as there'd be really good reasons to not take a massive ship into combat except for in major attacks. You might also be able to take inspiration for events from how Discovery RP 24/7 (Server for the Discovery mod for Freelancer) works.
    Well our difficulty is really based on direct power of everything you face. We are testing and playing around a lot with different variations and getting the right amount of ships to get constant even waves. ( so you don't have four reworked Neptunes coming at you ) which i feel we have almost got worked out. As well, we have ... Changed a few aspects. Taken some things out and adding some thing in. We are trying to give people a unique experience but bottom line, this will not be a server you can face alone. We are trying to promote Factions, teamwork, federations and natural events and gameplay to make our day to day lore around and keep things entertaining. People will find that some things they take for granted can ONLY be found on pirates and by exploring and fighting, but in return, there are actually things rare and needed to form an economy with.

Mixed with the fact our RP is simple... you are human, you are in space and you have to survive, make your way, do whatever it is you would do if you were actually in space. Of course our Beta period will help us refine and explore other options continually.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1426214418,1426214028][/DOUBLEPOST]
    This sounds like an intriguing project indeed... I shall be watching. Good luck to you and your team, and may bugs and game limitations be no hindrance your progress.

Thank you so very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
    Hey all,

Head admin

Admin [Filled]

Admin

Head RP admin [Filled]

RP Admin

Moderator [Filled]

Builder Two:

Beta Testers:

Thank you for reading!
    Cheers.
    Hello there, I signed up for a roll potentially on the build team for this server, i love the idea and i would be privileged to be a part of it. Anyway, i signed up about 3 days ago and have heard nothing back since.. just wondering if you may be able to shed some light on that particular matter.. if all of the building slots are taken then if you could sign me up as a beta player that too would be fantastic. I love the concept and i look forward to hearing back.

Reaction score
    Hello Everyone! I would very much like to be a part of your permanent build staff and think that I qualify and would help benefit the server in several ways, I am dedicated, love building and have a lot of free time. I can and would quite happily build and take part in building a large assortment and variety of ships stations and other miscellaneous structures and if there is a specific style you are looking for in structures I would quite happily learn and follow it. I would also be very happy to engage in role-play and writing lore and exposition. I enjoy a challenge and most servers to me are to easy and pose very little threat.

Honestly I prefer the building to the combat elements of the game but I usually do both on a regular basis. I am intrigued at how the limited resources mechanic would work out and the unique pirates look like they would pose a genuine threat for challenging engagements and panic inducing raids.

another thing that I find lacking in most other games is teamwork and forced co-operation as well as PVE and PVP so if any of the builder beta tester or admin positions are up for grabs I would love to take one (preferably builder).