CT Shipworks [Update #7- Hangar, First Pass]

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    After a little hiatus, dev talks brought me back. And the arriving of a new PC made me think it was probably long overdue that I made myself a station. Here's a little teaser of things to come...

Reactions: Rumcajz

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    After a little hiatus, dev talks brought me back. And the arriving of a new PC made me think it was probably long overdue that I made myself a station. Here's a little teaser of things to come...

Why you not in NFD Skype?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Great builds! But I gotta ask, is that drop pod in your first post on rails? I want more of that!!!
    Hah thanks! I'm away at the moment but when I get home I'll post some more things on it. Is all rails but it isn't super reliable at the moment :/

I love how those swarm missile launchers have the missiles suddenly change direction.
    (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Roboteching)

I may add hidden turrets to the Achosyx, having seen all the great things you've done here.
    Thanks, comments like this make you want to come back and finish projects haha. Speaking of which...

Quick station update sneaky preview thingy will write proper post later as typing in phone and lazy kinda post:

And still it grows...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    How did you manage to pull off that awesome sliding helm chair (and with a single button to boot)? It doesn't look big enough to hide a core, and there's solid decking underneath it (flipped rail blocks?)...

Thanks to that GIF I have to tear up the bridge (I -just- finished!) of my cargo hauler to make room for a sliding helm chair...

Reaction score
    Unfortunately for me, a sliding helm chair would not fit the theme I'm going for in my vessels.

Looking at your cargo vessel, Iceman, I can't help but think that if you put radiators and a spherical habitat section on the front, it'd look something like this:

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    How did you manage to pull off that awesome sliding helm chair (and with a single button to boot)? It doesn't look big enough to hide a core, and there's solid decking underneath it (flipped rail blocks?)...

Thanks to that GIF I have to tear up the bridge (I -just- finished!) of my cargo hauler to make room for a sliding helm chair...
    Ships (even chair shaped ships) can have there core and docking module separate to the 'chair', allowing the floor to be in between and the working parts to be hidden from view. Hope this helps! If not, maybe FlyingDebris might approve a public release of the Lytra, and you can see for yourself :). Or at worse I can make you an example.

Unfortunately for me, a sliding helm chair would not fit the theme I'm going for in my vessels.

Looking at your cargo vessel, Iceman, I can't help but think that if you put radiators and a spherical habitat section on the front, it'd look something like this:

Haha you know that's nearly how it ended up not that long ago :p. The next job on that ship is to make nothing shy of a computer in logic sorting goodness for pallets of cargo for the cargo update :D

Reactions: BrotherLazarus

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    M8 if you made it you can upload it.

Also y u no check skype, we miss you ;-;

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Ships (even chair shaped ships) can have there core and docking module separate to the 'chair', allowing the floor to be in between and the working parts to be hidden from view. Hope this helps!
    This is the closest I got with experimentation last night, for some reason entering the core and then exiting while seated on the (removed) chair got me stuck in the bridge deck, so I made some tweaks. I didn't realize I could have that stuff separate, that's good to know. Thanks!