CT Shipworks [Update #7- Hangar, First Pass]

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Update #6 - Back to the Cruiser!

The core move is complete! As you can see by tha Nav icons, the move isnt massive but the core now sits in the core room not in front of the bridge elevator door...

Back is original front is new

The core sat in the core room - the transparent blocks are area triggers to prevent opening the forcefield bridge

With the release of the SafeCrate of which 3 more variants are to come) The cruiser has been fitted with a cargo hold capable of holding 6 SafeCrates and comes complete with a system of defining the crate movement via bay (define which bay and if it is unloaded or loaded) - Once inter-entity rail movement comes out, I will make a special dock for this cruiser which will incorporate Cargo bay covers to load and unload SafeCrates in an airtight environment.

Also new to the cruiser is hidden build block locations next to the docking collar, to make building easier as opposed to having to navigate to the core now it is in the bowels of the ship (also the interior is becoming a bit of a maze XD, gonna have to put signs). These are fitted behind hidden doors which are, well, not so hidden atm due to the way railed entities are lit. But you get the idea:

I have also removed most of the docked entities (there was a metric fucktonne of them, like easily over 40). I think it may have been contributing to the frequent crashes of the NFD build server... who knows :/
    [DOUBLEPOST=1435824704,1435824479][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh.... and I love the USD type 1 and rail docking :p

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    each module (there are two on the ship) has 16 missile computers with a % missile slave to make it heat seaking. They are then fired by sequential logic pulses (connect a line of delays up and connect the last to a button and connect the button to the first, press the button and you have a repeating pulse)

Reaction score
    each module (there are two on the ship) has 16 missile computers with a % missile slave to make it heat seaking. They are then fired by sequential logic pulses (connect a line of delays up and connect the last to a button and connect the button to the first, press the button and you have a repeating pulse)
    Does that mean that the bound missile computers don't show up in the weapons tab? That's what it does for me!

image for reference

Reaction score
    Correct. The computers in question on my ship are actually part of a deploy-able module. I will upload it if would help you :). (although it wont be until tonight when I get home)

The modules -
    Thanks for that! I'll have to do some experimenting with it, I'd really like to have the weapon computers viewable in the hotbar, especially if they aren't separate units like yours. Those missile/missile work quite well with a 0% slave, so OP haha :D

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    yea they are good :D. If you have them logic fired they wont be in the hotbar unfortunately. Although you could always have the sequence activated and de-activated by an internat ship remote. Thus activated from the hotbar

Reaction score
    yea they are good :D. If you have them logic fired they wont be in the hotbar unfortunately. Although you could always have the sequence activated and de-activated by an internat ship remote. Thus activated from the hotbar
    That's what I did after I did that last test, I added an auto off switch for the ship remote so it would reset the internal remote after 15secs reload time, so it sort of works out in the hotbar. It might work alright on a bigger ship 30 delay blocks to add a convenience was pushing it on that little testbed haha :P

Reactions: iceman6491
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    It might work alright on a bigger ship 30 delay blocks to add a convenience was pushing it on that little testbed haha :p
    Well, if you have 30 missile computers it works out just fine > : D
    Also having a low slave on logic heatseekers is a good idea for server performance. Mine uses 0%

Also does your system not have any glitches when loading? The one I use had a glitch until I figured out how to add a safety.
    Correct. The computers in question on my ship are actually part of a deploy-able module. I will upload it if would help you :). (although it wont be until tonight when I get home)
    A docked module for spamming heatseekers? Sign me up!

Reaction score
    Well, if you have 30 missile computers it works out just fine > : D
    Also having a low slave on logic heatseekers is a good idea for server performance. Mine uses 0%

Also does your system not have any glitches when loading? The one I use had a glitch until I figured out how to add a safety.
    It was more to make sure I had some semblance of a cooldown timer (15secs) but using 30 missile computers could work too :P

I didn't notice any loading issues with mine, what glitches were you referring too?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I came up with a system that would allow me to turn the missiles on and off quickly without wasting reload. I have 30 delay modules all hooked up in a ring. There's a break in the ring where I put a gate to reboot the signal if the circuit fails while loading. But that isn't the problem. The missile computers are actually firing from AND gates slaved to the delays and a control switch. The problem is that whenever the circuit loads the ANDs will be set off by only the delays, and you'll get killed by missiles the moment you spawn.
    I solved it by having a switch that spoofs the reboot circuit into thinking there's a pulse out when there isn't, meaning none of the AND gates glitch.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Update #7! Started working on the Hangar of the cruiser:

looking inside with the hangar doors open

the three multi-use bays (NFD Aquarius in bay 2, and my own shuttle in bay 3)

Bay roof detailing, thanks Peekie30

looking out from Bay 1

the hangar lift, which can be used to move craft around within the confines of the hangar....also just noticed I forgot to remove the thrusters for moving some of the components around... gg XD

hangar lift control station

the view from the control station. Not great view because the glass cant protrude more than 1 block out from the wall before if collides with the lift... #forethought

Going to be putting more details on the hangar, including a scrolling display because logiks... I like logiks...

Also fixed the SafeCrate, because I had been a little lax in the testing. Turns out it broke.... really easily. While doing so, I made a quick breadboard of it, so If anyone is interested in a 3 input programmable passcode lock, well merry Christmas!

get it here: http://starmadedock.net/content/3-button-programmable-lock.3061/

Will be producing some more Crates in the next couple of days, the names being:

BasicCrate
    ToughCrate
    SupriseCrate ---> this one should be fun :p

Might also get around to the small container ship I want to make... who knows, so many ideas, so little time :/

Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    The download for the heavy Goliath is broken. I went to redownload it because my stupid brother deleted the contest folder...
    Could you either repair it or PM me a link or something? I'm actually about to start judging

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    I have a question for you iceman, it's been bugging me. :P Which way is the front of your Goliath fighter?

Wolverines527

Warrior/Builder
    Reaction score
    I tried to move the core on what would have been a battleship but it wouldnt let me do that :( any advise on how to would be alot of help in saving that project if not then i will just convert it to a carrier role

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I tried to move the core on what would have been a battleship but it wouldnt let me do that :( any advise on how to would be alot of help in saving that project if not then i will just convert it to a carrier role
    Sure, What I did when I moved my core was not to move to core itself but move the entire ship around the core. Its a ballache but Im glad I did it.
    okay step by step:

1 - Find where you want to put the new core
    2 - Find the distance in all 3 axis between your old core and your new core
    3 - Build a wire frame all around your ship and save it
    4 - spawn a new core and build a frame of exactly the same size around the new core, but with the new core in the correct relative position
    5 - copy and paste sections of the 'old' ship onto the new ship with the frame - this is long and tedious, but dont get too ambitious and try too big sections, smaller sections work well.

Picture of in progress:

Reactions: Rumcajz

Wolverines527

Warrior/Builder
    Reaction score
    Sure, What I did when I moved my core was not to move to core itself but move the entire ship around the core. Its a ballache but Im glad I did it.
    okay step by step:

1 - Find where you want to put the new core
    2 - Find the distance in all 3 axis between your old core and your new core
    3 - Build a wire frame all around your ship and save it
    4 - spawn a new core and build a frame of exactly the same size around the new core, but with the new core in the correct relative position
    5 - copy and paste sections of the 'old' ship onto the new ship with the frame - this is long and tedious, but dont get too ambitious and try too big sections, smaller sections work well.

Picture of in progress:

Ok thanks

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I have a question for you iceman, it's been bugging me. :p Which way is the front of your Goliath fighter?
    Sorry just saw this, the fat end haha, meant to be a kind of intake style thing haha