critical StarMade Error Help i cant play any more

Reaction score
    ever since i updated the game to the ship yard up date i would get this error when ever getting at 100% when starting the game that has completely stopped me from playing the game
    this is the error i am getting

RuntimeException:
    data//shader/cube/quads/cube-3rd.vsh
    data//shader/cube/quads/cubeTArray.fsh

fragment info
    -----------------
    0(213) : error C6013: only arrays of texcoords may be indexed in this profile and only with a loop index variable
    0(219) : error C6013: only arrays of texcoords may be indexed in this profile and only with a loop index variable
    0(219) : error C6013: only arrays of texcoords may be indexed in this profile and only with a loop index variable
    0(110) : error C6013: only arrays of texcoords may be indexed in this profile and only with a loop index variable

LINK STATUS: )

please help

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Anything in the logs before that?

What texturepack and resolution?
    (Try Default @ 128)

- Andy

Reaction score
    Anything in the logs before that?

What texturepack and resolution?
    (Try Default @ 128)

- Andy
    Ok I will try it also my starmade also now wants to try to change it's directory every time I launch the game
    [DOUBLEPOST=1441662627,1441662442][/DOUBLEPOST]My texture pack is default and my resolution is 128 and the logs idk how to find them

AndyP

Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    did you possibly but any special character in the world name?
    Else, go to your installation directory (for steam: right click the game, hit properties, then "browse local content") and find the /logs directory. open the log.txt.0 (if it asks for a program to open with, use "notepad", it should display a few lines, starting with version information and loading from dir.... paste the content in a spoiler tag or code tag here.
    We will look into it then.

- Andy

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I'm having this same issue with one of my computers. Same errors in the log file. Same crash at 100% loaded. There was no issue before the shipyard update.

From what I can see it's videocard or driver related as all the errors relate to "graphicsengine.shader.ShaderException". Videocard is an older GTX7950 512mb.

AndyP

Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    There is,
    go to the launcher and use the button labeled
    "Update and install latest version"

Looks like you installed version 0.1617 - build 20140810_202517
    Which is very old, could possibly happen by not selecting a build in the options and repair dialog.
    The button to install the latest should work to fix it.

- Andy

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Here's my error log. This one is upto date with the latest version (0.19431), but the same graphics crash.

Attachments

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Still no answer on this error? I never used to get it previous to the shipyard update. It would be good to be able to play on my work computer again.

***EDIT: I've also sent in error reports from my kid's computers. Same graphics error.

Effected videocards here: Kids - EN7800GTX, EN7900GTX, and my work PC - EN7950GTX. No issues on a EN9800GTX (one of my other kid's PCs). Also tested on my older gaming system with SLi EN7800GTX, same error there.

What changed in the shipyard update that seems to only affect the 7000 series Nivida? I tried an older install in these computers and they all load to the game fine.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    i seem to be getting a similar error, yet i can get to 100% on the loading screen, then black, only i do not get an error message, nor do i get any chance to get out of the game as i can see my cursor, but ctrl, alt del does not work nor does alt F7 or alt tab, the only way i can get out of the black screen so far that ive found is to manually turn off my PC (which is not good for maintaining the health of the computer) then i restart and try again, ive tried deleting all files and re installing, relocating my directory, searching for folder names in the directory that have been mis-typed or mis-clicked then typed in, tried resetting all worlds, forced override download, tried logging in without up-link, as well as ive tried resetting my memory to default allocation. im running a quad core AMD 2.1 GHz processors, with AMD readon R3 graphics (top of line for AMD) and im running windows 10. not running steam either, any further help would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    This graphics shader error is still present on v0.19476 for Nvidia 6000 and 7000 series video cards.

Attachments

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    I'm getting the exact same error. I'm using a AMD RS690M graphics card.

EDIT: Using StarMade v0.19556

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    I tried just replacing cube-3rd.vsh & cubeTArray.fsh with old ones from SM 0.16 that worked before, but I just got a weird error. Then I tried replacing the whole quads13 folder and I got the same weird error. So I replaced the whole cube folder and the game launches now. But some sides of the blocks are just plain grey and the space background is plain white. It's not too bad. I think if the shaders are rewritten it will fix everybody's problem.

EDIT: If you turn off the space background then the background will be just black. It looks a lot better then the bright white. If you want the old shaders you can download them here. The file includes a copy of the new 0.19 shaders too.

Last edited:

AndyP

Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    The fact this works is just coincidence.
    The shading was altered in many ways since 0.16, and the most likely problem you encounter is an outdated video driver that does not have a working open-gl api, or very limited hardware, so it cannot use fragment shaders and/or hit a limitation in texture sheets loaded.

However, looking up that specific device family, shows there may not be an OpenGL 2.1 support for it, neither any currently supported drivers.
    And not finding any benchmark report about it, to compare it to other cards, does also not encourage the impression this card is capable of running starmade.

If I read the chipset name correctly, its a mobile chipset from 2007.

- Andy