#CRISSBAIT increase the variety of the universe

Do you support this

• Yes, I believe this could greatly benefit the game and community

• No I disagree, and will give reasons for not doing so in the thread

Results are only viewable after voting.

PLIX

Thats XCOM baby!
    Reaction score
    After posting the idea for Easter eggs I decided to take it one step further and suggest to slowly replace it the current stations in the universe with unique ones made by the players as a set amount of time passes a dedicated staff member chooses a ship or station (the staff member could be out of the ones who are hired and preferably someone like criss who likely looks at most the ships and stations posted) the interval should be short enough to keep a steady stream of content but not to much to prevent the content feeling very watered down and low quality it should also prevent the revs spending too much time on it but one thing to take into consideration is that the content has to be from a variety of creators as to stop having a universe filled with Skylord and Co.

Once a ship/ station is chosen their creators should be asked if they want to have their creation be added to the game and if they want to change it to look better or better suit what ever it is that it's gonna be eg. Look more degraded if it's a derelict object

Additionally small fields of wreckage shaped asteroids will appear in pseudo random locations and locations of HUGE battles on servers Eg Vaygyr losing half a fleet

Edit:
    TLDR a staff member will pick s station once a month and insert it into a random place in the game, since they are already beginning to manually do it, it will not set them back much

Last edited:
    Reactions: Lone_Puppy

The_Owl

Alpha is not an excuse
    Reaction score
    This sounds like a more complicated fleet contest that requires a dedicated amount of time to look at what is sent in, while looking for possible copyright/unoriginal ships that are sent in.

the wreckage idea sounds more feasible than the main point of this post imo

PLIX

Thats XCOM baby!
    Reaction score
    Tldr: a ship or station is picked from the community content page once or twice a month and replaces a random pirate or derelict station

MeRobo

Scrub
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I think another contest for community members to create in-game assets would benefit the game.
    However, I don't think this is the right time, because we're awaiting the power update, so any systems would have to be changed.
    Also Schine has to learn from the fleet submission contest, so a station (or other) contest should only happen when Schine is ready to implement the winning submissions.

Reaction score
    Criss already has alot of work to do, like hiding from his personal thread.

Seems to be the going joke about him in the news page

PLIX

Thats XCOM baby!
    Reaction score
    I think another contest for community members to create in-game assets would benefit the game.
    However, I don't think this is the right time, because we're awaiting the power update, so any systems would have to be changed.
    Also Schine has to learn from the fleet submission contest, so a station (or other) contest should only happen when Schine is ready to implement the winning submissions.
    I'm not suggesting a contest if it were so they would have to happen too often but if a staff member looks for 2 stations per month and puts it in a random location then it would not be too much effort

Reaction score
    Nice suggestion, but the "random" stations allready in the game (not the "prate" stations, the various "derelict" "trade-guild" and "Pirate" stations of the Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta, Eta, names) are "community content" stations.

All of them pre-date rails, because the contest that chose them was pre-rails.

Heck, the creator of Derelict Beta (Tshara and his "tranquility station") continually updated his, the one in-game is V1.0, he's up to v1.5. (with rail-based goodness, and proper wedging/smoothing)

Skylord Luke has recently~ish upgraded two of the stations he was responsible for. Derelict Alpha (old), and Trade Guild Eta (old). Those are both glorious re-builds, and "supposedly" going to actually end up in-game, replacing the older versions.

EDIT: hit post too soon, my bad.

That said, I too would like to see more "default" variety, and it'd be exactly as simple as having a second station contest. Don't even bother with the "candidate" phase, just allow direct community vote.

From that vote, the 5 winners in each category get implemented. (doubling the number of Pirates and Traders, more than doubling the number of derelict)

PLIX

Thats XCOM baby!
    Reaction score
    Nice suggestion, but the "random" stations allready in the game (not the "prate" stations, the various "derelict" "trade-guild" and "Pirate" stations of the Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta, Eta, names) are "community content" stations.

All of them pre-date rails, because the contest that chose them was pre-rails.

Heck, the creator of Derelict Beta (Tshara and his "tranquility station") continually updated his, the one in-game is V1.0, he's up to v1.5. (with rail-based goodness, and proper wedging/smoothing)

Skylord Luke has recently~ish upgraded two of the stations he was responsible for. Derelict Alpha (old), and Trade Guild Eta (old). Those are both glorious re-builds, and "supposedly" going to actually end up in-game, replacing the older versions.

EDIT: hit post too soon, my bad.

That said, I too would like to see more "default" variety, and it'd be exactly as simple as having a second station contest. Don't even bother with the "candidate" phase, just allow direct community vote.

From that vote, the 5 winners in each category get implemented. (doubling the number of Pirates and Traders, more than doubling the number of derelict)
    I was saying that each station added would only appear in one place and will never be used again, rather than the alpha, beta, etc