Crash report on planet.

Reaction score
    I was on a planet and i placed salvage cannons on it, then i went to the computer for the cannons... pressed r... and it crashed so bad, that java itself bugged up! it ended up forcing me to exit java without sending the bug report like normal.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    >Placing weapons on a object not meant to house weapons.
    >Try to then enter said weapons

I can see why that was not tested and checked before. Still important, but I have to wonder what you were doing.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I've been experiencing a bug recently in the case that when I approach a planet, only a core appears, and the planet part entities do not load. Even newly spawned ships near those planets won't load. I attempt to relog, but I end up stuck at my spawn screen until the unloaded entities are deleted.

Reaction score
    >Placing weapons on a object not meant to house weapons.
    >Try to then enter said weapons

I can see why that was not tested and checked before. Still important, but I have to wonder what you were doing.

well to be honest i was trying to make a miner that would bore through the planet's surface, i knew you couldn't remotely activate weapons on planets and such with logic or the weapons toolbar, but i was like HEY why don't i just get in the computer...

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    well to be honest i was trying to make a miner that would bore through the planet's surface, i knew you couldn't remotely activate weapons on planets and such with logic or the weapons toolbar, but i was like HEY why don't i just get in the computer...
    Objects couldn't damage or affect themselves last I checked, so I'm doubtful that would even work. What you could do is make a docking area, and just dock a Salvager thing to it if you were after the RP/immersion part. Otherwise you'd need a ship.

It used to work once upon a time I believe, but updates happen and things get changed. Should still just get denied with a message rather than a crash ideally though, so worth mentioning.

Reaction score
    Objects couldn't damage or affect themselves last I checked, so I'm doubtful that would even work. What you could do is make a docking area, and just dock a Salvager thing to it if you were after the RP/immersion part. Otherwise you'd need a ship.

It used to work once upon a time I believe, but updates happen and things get changed. Should still just get denied with a message rather than a crash ideally though, so worth mentioning.

thanks, i didn't think of docking a mining ship, good call.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    should not work ... a mothership/dock should be immune to weapons of docked entities.
    if it works that is a bug then.