CPU Overheating with Starmade?

Reaction score
    Ever since the patch came out(patch 0.188) my CPU temperature sky rockets(80 degrees C) when im playing starmade. I thought it was my CPU but when i play other games or even run fluid simulation CAD programs i maybe will hit 50 degrees C. i was wondering if anyone else has these issues and if the know of a fix. again this ONLY happens when im playing starmade.

Also my system specs are - Processor i7-4770k
    RAM - Corsair Vengeance 32GB
    64-bit windows 7
    NVIDIA GTX-780

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    My old laptop had this issue while playing so I got a cooling pad and as long as I didnt play for too long it was fine.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    My old laptop had this issue while playing so I got a cooling pad and as long as I didnt play for too long it was fine.
    How can one exercise such self-control with this game?!? :p
    I play this thing until something shuts down.

Reaction score
    Ever since the patch came out(patch 0.188) my CPU temperature sky rockets(80 degrees C) when im playing starmade. I thought it was my CPU but when i play other games or even run fluid simulation CAD programs i maybe will hit 50 degrees C. i was wondering if anyone else has these issues and if the know of a fix. again this ONLY happens when im playing starmade.

Also my system specs are - Processor i7-4770k
    RAM - Corsair Vengeance 32GB
    64-bit windows 7
    NVIDIA GTX-780
    Increase the maximum memory in the starter's memory settings.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Is this sharp jump in temperature immediately noticeable whilst playing? or only after a few hours of prolonged play?

Reaction score
    I have the same issue. I don't get to play more the 10 minute before I start to get my alarms. (8gbs allotted.)

Reaction score
    Hi!
    Starmade seems to be very CPU heavy, i also experience close to 100% cpu load on all cores.
    ...but even with 80°C you are still in the safe zone with your processor.
    I do not know how to lower the CPU load of starmade, limiting FPS may be helping.

As the i7-4770k is top of the shelf i suppose you have an adequate cooling solution? You may want to check for dust build up or something blocking the air flow.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Make sure to limit the fps in the advanced launcher settings. I had overheat shutdowns until I did this.

Reaction score
    thank you all for your suggestions i will try them and let you know how it goes.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1422922338,1422921781][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Is this sharp jump in temperature immediately noticeable whilst playing? or only after a few hours of prolonged play?
    This is a change of 40 degrees within 1 minute.

Reaction score
    Well even with the new patch v0.1882 im still getting a 35-40 degree temp spike in 45-60 seconds and this is only happening with starmade.