Council Survey Thread: FINAL ROUND

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    Ho-kay, this past few weeks have been tumultuous at best. Survey is finished, had to cut a good chunk of the questions for the sake of keeping this survey generally simple. Without further ado,

SURVEY 2

This one requires a bit more writing, but should take no longer than 20-30 minutes to complete.

Live results!

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Kinda feel bad I missed the Survey 1 which I could have given a lot of information on, still very new to the game and especially to SMD. (I really like PVP and numbers). If you are still looking for more information I can expound on that subject a lot with the current system.

Currently rebalancing the weapons on a server I am working on actually and the results have been interesting.

I did take survey #2, but that one seemed a bit vague, should get you a ton of information.

keptick you should check out our public posting for our server in the server section. Granted its not open for business, but you might like the ideas that we are hoping to draw out players into PVP with.

Reactions: Keptick
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Hey I didn't get the chance to do survey 1 as I was busy IRL. The results seem to align with my thoughts, however. In this survey, however, one of my biggest thoughts was 'what if you could customize your ship's combat capabilities at an expense of something else?'. For example, +7% missile damage, but -15% shield recharge. That's one way ships could become more specialized. Another example is -15% reload speed but -40% shield recharge. In certain circumstances, it would be an advantage. But the drawbacks to such customization should give a player pause as to whether its correct to invest in such an upgrade. I am currently working on a larger, more in depth post for suggestions, but please feel free to PM me with ideas/comments.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    For some reason, I'm not watching this thread. No wonder I forgot to update it.

SURVEY THREE TIME. This is the last one as my term is coming to a close, and I don't want to leave it open-ended if I don't get re-elected.

SURVEY 3

Survey 2 Results are now in the OP

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    For some reason, I'm not watching this thread. No wonder I forgot to update it.

SURVEY THREE TIME. This is the last one as my term is coming to a close, and I don't want to leave it open-ended if I don't get re-elected.

SURVEY 3

Survey 2 Results are now in the OP
    Alrighty. Im done. I enjoy these surveys a lot actually. I can do them all day if they help with the game.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1433907289,1433907094][/DOUBLEPOST]*Gasp* Someones favorite science fiction franchise is the Metroid Prime Trilogy?! Must hive five and or hug immediately!

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Yeah, I rather like these surveys, too. They're a straightforward, direct way of getting my opinion out there (And to the council) and seeing what sorts of concepts are getting the most support without having to look through forum topic responses and agree lists to try to figure out what people like most. Writing a survey response and then looking at the final results is, strangely, really cool.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I like the idea of the surveys and the first one got my hopes up.
    But I think 2 was not yet relevant, and 3 is vague.

Survey 1: The weapons data and statistics were quite interesting and informative.

Survey 2: I find griefing to be a significant turn off in fully developed games by companies that have spent considerable amounts of time and effort to minimize the effects. StarMade is alpha and has way to many issues for me to even think about trying multi-player. Even against the pirates. I just tinker with building. I did not participate in survey 2.

Survey 3: The fun of being involved in an alpha is that I have no idea what I can expect. My answer to question #1 is "Yes". (do you really want me to type that 100 times?)

As for the council .... this is the first term. I am unsure. I have no baseline. Some questions were asked. Surveys taken. Data gathered. What was done with this data? No idea. Presumably it was passed on to Schine, but I have seen no results or changes. I can't say I really expected to.

What I would like to see changed in the future is for there to be more terms in the past so that I have some data with which I am able to formulate an answer to this question.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I agree with kiraen. However, I think you guys can guess what I don't want to happen again.
    (Not bringing up an old wound, but being honest). Also, I believe that no matter who is elected, these surveys should continue to be released each term. Maybe be a little less vague, though. Great surveys, Comr4de

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    If I rated any posts funny it's because my big fat fingers are ruining everything

I definitely agree. I think the real mistake (going forward) is that we didn't notify him of the vote/charges. Judging by the backlash/his reaction I feel that the decision was perfectly justified, but then again that reaction could've been avoided if we had just told him that there was an impeachment vote in progress. I dunno, I don't react to being fired by going on a social media rampage.

I know the surveys were a but vague. There are a couple reasons for this. The first is that I didn't want my opinions to unfairly lead the questions. If I asked "Are you a cool guy and like option A or are you a fucking pissbaby and like option B" it definitely wouldve skewed the results. Not that I would've used that wording, its just to illustrate my point.

The other is that I wanted y'all to interperet these however you wanted to. I wanted to know what you thought, not which choice you disliked the least. Any suggestions to make the surveys less vague but still retain their "open-endedness" are welcome.

Tomino released a dossier of all of the evidence except for the actually incriminating material, the casual council skype chat. Still waiting for a response as to why that document requires authorization to view. Don't tell me he doesn't know how to make it public because he did it with all the others.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'm not sure that you guys did anything wrong regarding the issue, but didn't some one post a gif of a guy taking a stick to a horse on the ground? We learn, we move on. Moving on....

I understand your reasons, but leaving the interpretation to us is what made the surveys vague. It's more like there was a different survey for each person. I think 'Survey 1' was done the best. It asked a specific question and then allowed for a more detailed comment. Especially with the 'other' category thrown in.

In the future, name the surveys. It helps to narrow the mental focus to a single topic, as well as letting us know what we can expect before we start.

I would also like to point out that I chose not to participate in #2. I felt I had nothing to offer on the subject. Reading other peoples comments was enlightening and informative with regards to the community if not the game itself. I even found my lack of an opinion represented.

As for your opinions skewing the result, go ahead and try. It is my opinion that most people who post on the forums are highly opinionated themselves and will willing to beat you over the head with their point of view. It's a good thing most of us are polite about it. :rolleyes: Anyway, just let me get my popcorn first.

Reactions: Comr4de
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    My tuppence worth for the community on what I put

In 100 words or more, please describe what would you like to see in the next year for starmade.
    • More AI and AI factions.
    • AI to have more commands (Patrol, Limits to roam, Guard, Return to co-ords when idle etc). Tidy up that rubbish AI settings window and make it more explanitory).
    • AI life in space and on planets. Bring the game alive with random shuttles, cruisers, cargo transports, NPCs.
    • Ways to earn credits and cargo (Rescue, Jobs, Pirate killing, etc).
    • A decent economy that works.
    • Different ship catalogues for each AI (Pirates, Trading Guild, etc).
    • More Admin controls and easier monitoring for admins.
    • More standard station and ships designs for the AI to use.
    • Teleports (people only).
    • More accurate placement for WarpGate arrival.
    • An XYZ HUD pointer that moves as you rotate.
    • Building and Astronaults (unless held by gravity) to have the same movement control as ships.
    • A command to make an entity available to use by all but indestructable and not deformable (ie I would like to make a shipyard or station available to use without having to place permissions blocks everywhere and have it indestructable or not).
    • Scripting for building in role playing elements. Go here, do this, shoot that, make this, etc.(World of Warcraft in Space)
    • !!!The game go to BETA.!!!
    What would you like to see changed with the player council?
    • Definately more happening now.
    • Keep up the good work.
    • Shame that I have not seen any Star Wars tie ins.
    • Love the ShipYards.

Now get to work on AI !!!!
    oh and Creatures.
    mmmmm

Reactions: Keptick