Control chairs:a replacement for ship cores to help solve core drilling w/out abstract ship health.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Well I just had a thought. How about we get rid of the diamond that shows where the ship core is and instead have it just mark the ship. This way you don't know were the core is but you can still track the ship, unless it is using jamming.
    I really liked the idea of ship components exploding if you destroy a percentage of those blocks.
    But how about implementing an atmosphere. So in order to kill the crew you just have to punch enough holes in the crew section. Once all the oxygen leeks out the crew suffocates. Unless the hull breaches are fixed before that happens.

Also I see a problem with this control char idea. I get how you are killing the crew instead of the ship, but one of the things the core did was keep the world from getting to cluttered with dead ships.
    I am also wondering how you are targeting the crew? I really see no logical way for you to detect and target the crew through the ships hull and shields.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Well I just had a thought. How about we get rid of the diamond that shows where the ship core is and instead have it just mark the ship. This way you don't know were the core is but you can still track the ship, unless it is using jamming.
    I really liked the idea of ship components exploding if you destroy a percentage of those blocks.
    But how about implementing an atmosphere. So in order to kill the crew you just have to punch enough holes in the crew section. Once all the oxygen leeks out the crew suffocates. Unless the hull breaches are fixed before that happens.

Also I see a problem with this control char idea. I get how you are killing the crew instead of the ship, but one of the things the core did was keep the world from getting to cluttered with dead ships.
    I am also wondering how you are targeting the crew? I really see no logical way for you to detect and target the crew through the ships hull and shields.
    Instead of adding onto this dead thread, make a new thread for these ideas.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    AFAIK a jump drive looses ALL charge, when something hits the ship to deal damage.
    not unless a jump module is hit
    and anyway if ur gunna jump activate it right before sheilds go down
    ive locked on fired rockets then jumped out and taken out ships that way