Consumables! yes, even the alcoholic kind!

Reaction score
    I don't want people making a decision based off numbers in majority. Id rather them read comments and add to discussions.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Well if you add consumables why not add animals right away Meat!!! :D

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I'd like to see consumables in the game, food, water, ammo and fuel could really add some depth to the game :D
    And oxygen, please add an oxygen system ! :3

Reaction score
    Lol head blocks would be awesome, when you kill someone it drops their helmet as a trophy XD

SkyHawk024

Mandalorian ShipWright.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Why not cater to both sides instead of having two seperate game versions. You can die in creative on here other voxel based games thats not even possible to die in creative. But on another note I can see how this would all work you could almost get away with making giant hollow sections of your ship into fuel tanks that actually hold fuel that can be seen per say. Im not going to lie id love to make my mess hall on my ship functional.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I think illegal trade goods could really add to the combat-situation variations.

Wanna fight a police patrol right after you exit a small NPC jump gate?

Owning Gates = Setting the rules what's illegal or not, because you know where to send patrols to.

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I disagree, it is micromanaging and anything that adds some sort of constraint to gameplay is generally disliked by the community. -1

Reaction score
    Lets not make it required to drink rather, give you boost to your character like minecraft potions. Currently we have a bar in the starmade official trailer but nothing to drink in said bar! (I also want that cool dance anim) Either way I would like a consumable source of bartering so obtainining something other than resources for blocks would be viable. Hell just give me a whiskey bottle to chug while I dance in my new stations club!

Reactions: CyberTao
    Reaction score
    ... Has space rum been suggested yet ? If not I would like to suggest it thoroughly. It could be brewed or distilled using various biological components and of course time to create different effects from healing to impaired movement speeds.

Reaction score
    1. Make 2 separate game types or server configs to tend to the needs of different style players. Survival and Creative like many voxel games this caters to both sides of the human entertainment without seeking another game
    2. Create consumables much like normal people in-space would need I.E Food, Water, Oxygen. Make these craft-able from resources already in-game utilizing the factory system as water bottles are made in real life.
    3. Create different fuel sources for stations,ships, planet outpost. If you need ideas of what fuel sources there are tons of threads on this and I will not beat a dead horse.
    4. Make systems such as weaponry, support, effects utilize energy resources on a scale level. Realize that this does not get rid of Titans/Capitals it only makes them more costly to operate as they should be and prevents overbearing titan battles on servers giving other class ships room to breath. (I'm pro big ships I put hard work into my 1 Million Mass Ship as well)
    5. Make jump drives use specific types of crystals or resources in order to jump so that we cannot endlessly venture with no repercussions or planning.
    6. MAKE SPACE GIN IN THE GAME! Make it give buffing powers to the player or something so that these bars aren't going to waste like the one in the starmade video. Let's end this prohibition!
    Let´s start with 1.
    For me, there shall at least to gamemodes. Survival/Creative are definitively needed both. I could also imagine a story mode where the player can act as a bar keeper, just for example, and give other players quests (or drinks). It could also just be quest based story line which lets you discover the universe... Just an idea :)
    Food and drinks are necessary for survival, but should have no need in creative. Maybe before adding gamemodes drinks and food may just refill health... Oxygen is also important for survival but that´s a bit harder. to code it correctly you need air refresher, something like compressed air cans or "air factories" and also the ships have to be absolutely airtight/sealed.
    For that it would be necessary to rethink the whole rector block building thing. the maximum of 1 million e you can get with a structure (+25e per each more reactor block) will be to low for those big energy consumers.
    I disagree with this idea. just imagine you want to explore a new galaxy and nee two jumps more than calculated. Welcome to empty room. I think Jump drive is already good balanced. maybe it could cost more energy or need longer to load but i wouldn´t add some special resources needed for the jump drive.
    Well, be a space bartender without gin would be kinda boring... also, how should we beat space pirates if they wouldn´t be drunk all day?

Missing something?
    The most crappy idea you had till now. No offense but I think this is sh**.
    The whole world wants to have regenerative energy but there shall fossile fuel in a sci-fi game? No!
    I think of the typical situation of every new ship commander: You have the task to investigate that pirate station. On your way to it you have needed 1/3 of your fuel. while fighting some pirates hit your fuel tanks and you are about to lose your fuel. Maybe you can defeat those pirates but your ship has no fuel left, as you have no energy without fuel you can´t call for help and you are also far away from ways which traders would take by time. Good luck walking.
    If you have something against fusion reactors you may add the older nuclear reactors but I still think they should work on a little amount of resources for weeks.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I like different fuel sources.

One may last longer, another gives more power in an instant.

Basically different grades between a capacitor, battery and a (universe-(mass/gravity-source)-changes=>energy)-transformator thingy
    • which refreshes your supply at a very low rate to not get stuck somewhere, but works worse in populated space
      • ((maybe because everybody wants to drain on the local free energy))

And a sun-particle-collector for stations which stay permanently near suns or ships which want to jump from sun to sun to recover fuel faster.

Reaction score
    So with the addition of more fauna in the works, they should make fauna drop meat that you can eat and ambrosia to drink. That would drive the economy along with my other suggestions

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    I feel that this would be best mixed with a couple of other things for the most entertaining experience possible.

Faction AI trade fleets come to mind, transferring resources from base to base, and selling and buying high priority resources from Trading Guild and neutral + ally shops. Uneven resource distribution also comes to mind. Add in some sort of "stock market" type deal to the game to determine supply and demand for each block type to prevent peoples' trade fleets from being absolutely perfect at all times.

That way players don't necessarily *have to* grind for their consumables. They can, but it's not necessary. Easily breakable automation is a must for this kind of thing - specifically, automation that you have to retune every so often to keep getting maximum resources, and stockpiling should be offset by ship and station crews, and by AI fleets draining resources.

Consumables really should come as options with a total economy and faction overhaul. Preferably overhauls on the scale of the Weapons and Universe updates.

Reaction score
    Indeed, factions are in desperate need of tuning. All that rank update did was tease us. I think autonomous trade ships would be awesome, with the ability to track them on the galaxy map. Having consumables would make economic trading soar rather than "I'll trade you white hull for black" it's more "SOS: station running low on oxygen and foid. Will pay double for immediate supply shipment"

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Indeed, factions are in desperate need of tuning. All that rank update did was tease us. I think autonomous trade ships would be awesome, with the ability to track them on the galaxy map. Having consumables would make economic trading soar rather than "I'll trade you white hull for black" it's more "SOS: station running low on oxygen and foid. Will pay double for immediate supply shipment"
    Aye, and "Pirate" players suddenly have the option to intercept and steal your booze shipments