Votes: 0 0.0%
    • I don't know...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    Tired.png Markus_McCloud again... Uggghhh... Damn insomnia. My sleep schedule is all over the place...

Anyways, I've seen dozens of posts about consumables such as food as well as a debate as to whether or not Schine should implement survival gimmicks such as hunger. Now, I'm just here to add my two cents.

Hang on... Let me get a cappuccino before I elaborate further...

(One instant cappuccino later)

Normal.png Much better. Where was I? Oh, right, consumables.

I completely support the addition of food (and drinks) to the game. However, I don't support the addition of hunger into the vanilla game. I wouldn't mind it being added as a mod, but I have enough to worry about without having to factor in food rations.

I'd rather have food items be used as a means of health recovery or a way to apply buffs or debuffs. Consider classic Minecraft, for instance. Rather than eating to recover hunger, food was turned directly into HP. Even today, there are mods for MC that bring back the old system (such as Hunger Strike). Since StarMade is more about exploration and ship battles, survival aspects should be kept as an option rather than a mandate.

Still, hauling around a Medical Cabinet and having to place it down every time you get a bit roughed up gets aggravating (In fact, I ripped out the BOBBY AI on my fighter/explorer just to install one on my ship). So why not just carry some supplies that recover health for you at the expense of being single-use? (For balance, the healing items should have a time delay between uses just like the Medical Cabinet, so you can't shrug off damage by eating 100 steaks back-to-back)

It's just an idea, and one that's already been discussed to death. So, do you agree with me? Should food be used as a healing and buff item, or should hunger be implemented?

Reactions: Exozen
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I definitely don't want to see hunger, hunger is annoying and dealing with it can be grindy. In the future, perhaps some kind of farming/food mechanic that isn't required for survival, but is needed for NPC reproduction or city growth...but that's a different topic.

I would like to see consumables added to the game. Things like one-shot medikits for healing, or a personal cloaking device, or a personal shield. I don't think magic food and potions fits in with the game, but consumable tech gadgets fits right in IMO.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    I was thinking of more contemporary food items instead of the "steaks you robbed from a cow" mechanic of Minecraft. How about, say, a can of Galacta-Cola giving you 15 HP? Or maybe a bag of Micro-Chips recovering 10 HP?

Reactions: aRottenKomquat