Construction time blueprint

Reaction score
    Hello,

it would be nice if there was a time when buying a contsruction Blueprint and that way blocks arise one by one (well several by several ^ ^) rather than see the ship appear suddenly after it could be switched on / off option in the server options.

ImperialDonut

Overlord of the North Pole
    Reaction score
    Making a ship appear block by block is somewhat resource intensive, one way or another. But auto-fabricating ships block by block in a special area may or may not be planned. ;)

Reaction score
    It would probably be odder to see it appear block-by-block, especially depending on how block order is determined.
    I'd rather ships have a sort of ghost image of the ship before it actually spawns in fully.

Reaction score
    Ah yes indeed, his idea and even more advanced, thank you very much! ;)

Reaction score
    You're welcome, it's a great idea and definitely should be explored further.

Reaction score
    or you can only buy BP in a Space Station with a large docking area.

buying BP needs all required blocks of that ship and a new "automatic ship building block"

maybe 500k energy per active "ship building block"

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I think it would be neat if a bought blueprint ship were to gradually "fade" into existence. Maybe have the time it takes to "fade in" be a function of the ship class (block count limits), so a corvette or fighter with 200,000 blocks or less basically "blinks" into existence immediately, while a 5-million block battleship takes a minute to appear. I imagine it would look like the ship was "beaming in" a la Star Trek. Or maybe looking like it was being constructed at the atomic level by AstroRepair beams or uncountable amounts of nanobots. (Anybody ever play Antaeus Rising? Great game with a fun story that involves nanobots and conspiracies.)

Reaction score
    Yup, this idea has been asked for before, with a variety of complexities. I do wish something like it would be put in the game, however.