Consistent Weapon Sounds

Reaction score
    I only hear weapons when I have a camera close to them and not for long unless I'm close to my target. Does anyone have advice on sound issues. For the most part all I hear is the drone of what must be space or my ship. The universe sounds like an old freezer.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    The sound engine is pretty bad right now, i believe a new one will be implemented with new sounds and music once most of the main features are ready.

Reaction score
    I only hear weapons when I have a camera close to them and not for long unless I'm close to my target. Does anyone have advice on sound issues. For the most part all I hear is the drone of what must be space or my ship. The universe sounds like an old freezer.
    I was just about to post a Q asking how to fix this myself.. I'm experiencing the exact same things. I did all the recommended fixes.. copying the dlls into the win/sys dir and such.. so is this normal for this game at this time?

Reaction score
    • Tester
    there isnt much sound at all in the game .. cannon sounds for example break after a few shots (for me at least)
    so as long as you do not experience continues looping sound (other then the core engine sound -- that freezer noise ;) ) there is nothing to be done about this right now.
    the sound in the game will get attention further down the line according to
    https://trello.com/b/9Kg5Jn6g/starmade-roadmap