Connection issues

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    A faction mate of mine is unable to connect on most servers around. Since this issue affects multiple servers, I thought it would be a better idea to ask for game support, since it's not an isolated case anymore.

He's getting massive timeouts from those servers, mostly the ones that possess the port 4242.
    He's also using OS X Yosemite v10.10.4 .

One example of connection attempt

When looking at the serverlist

I'm no good at messing with ports and we have no idea what to do here. Can anybody give us a help ?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1438828631,1438828042][/DOUBLEPOST]Some additional information :

He has already uninstalled and reinstalled the game, also tried to flush the DNS. He also tried to contact his ISP and Apple Support, since he uses their OS.

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    He shall check his firewall, virusscanner and other system settings, this can have two causes:

1) he spammed the "refresh" button on the server list, and thus got banned by ip for a few minutes

2) Firewall, virusscanner or other factors are influencing the connection.

Some routers, uplinks throttle the amount of new connections per second, and the serverlist refresh/load makes the client connect to a lot of servers and request info in a short time. Some security suites may falsedetect this as viral action and block it.
    We also have a few people with problems connecting to port :4242, in this case you may want to relocate the server to a different port.
    However, we still didnt see any pattern in those issues to nail it down to one ISP, so its possibly a hardware type of router or setting.
    If possible try disabling the windows firewall or virus scanner for a short test, to see if they influence it.
    In case this does not yield any result, check your router settings.
    Possibly try a different model if you have a spare router, or for a notebook try using a different network (friend/neighbour) to narrow down the cause.

- Andy