Congrats to the Council Members - Let the requests be heard

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    My congratulations to the new council members and here's to a successful term. With that being said , I would like to begin a list of requests for the members to take into consideration from your community. I invite all community members to add to this thread the issues they would like to see addressed.

I will start with my thoughts. The current meta to me on weapons seems centered around beam and pulse homers, be they main ship or turret weapons. There are more choices out there and I would like to see them become viable in some way.

AI - Bobby needs to have separate setting from NPC pirates in order to give servers more flexibility in the settings. Also the AI needs streamlined in some manner to actually make settings logical. There is no need for a separate menu to activate AI under turret docking imo.

The gameplay needs adjusted. Right now custom servers are everywhere but the customizing always seems to come down to larger pirates - big ships, big shields, big power. While this can be entertaining I submit that it actually seems to deter pvp encounters. Why take on a player with a ship you spent 3 times as much effort on to survive pirates compared to vanilla, when you can just farm those pirates and eat for weeks.

Those are a few from me. Again congrats to the Council :)

Reactions: SkylordLuke
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    AI - Bobby needs to have separate setting from NPC pirates in order to give servers more flexibility in the settings. Also the AI needs streamlined in some manner to actually make settings logical. There is no need for a separate menu to activate AI under turret docking imo.
    The Activate AI menu under turret docking (I assume you are referring to the structure menu), is there to allow players to activate all of the turrets on their ship with out having to go to each turret individually. It is especially useful once you get to much larger ships, take the NFD Crisis, which has 30 pd turrets. With out the activate AI menu, the ships pilot would have to go to each of those 30 turrets and activate them individually.

Reactions: SkylordLuke
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    AI - Bobby needs to have separate setting from NPC pirates in order to give servers more flexibility in the settings.
    Can you expand on this? The "AI" setting for pirates is the same as for drones; Any - Ship. What kind of settings would you like? Or are you asking for behavior preferences, ie "Aggressive", "Evasive" etc.

The gameplay needs adjusted. Right now custom servers are everywhere but the customizing always seems to come down to larger pirates - big ships, big shields, big power. While this can be entertaining I submit that it actually seems to deter pvp encounters. Why take on a player with a ship you spent 3 times as much effort on to survive pirates compared to vanilla, when you can just farm those pirates and eat for weeks.
    The thing that deters PvP encounters is that it's infinitely easier to just hole up in your base away from the enemy and wait them out. This is also compounded by the fact that jump drives in their current state provide an easy avenue for escape from any unwinnable fights. PvE is preferable because the AI is predictable, and they won't just warp out at the first sign of trouble.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Can you expand on this? The "AI" setting for pirates is the same as for drones; Any - Ship. What kind of settings would you like? Or are you asking for behavior preferences, ie "Aggressive", "Evasive" etc.
    Bobby and the pirates are under the same AI setting. They should NOT be the same. What I am asking for is flexibility in the server settings to enable , for instance, the pirates to be set to med-hard and for Bobby to be ramped up to a hard setting to make point defense more accurate and viable. The main thing is flexibility for more customized server settings to provide a different experience to players.

The thing that deters PvP encounters is that it's infinitely easier to just hole up in your base away from the enemy and wait them out. This is also compounded by the fact that jump drives in their current state provide an easy avenue for escape from any unwinnable fights. PvE is preferable because the AI is predictable, and they won't just warp out at the first sign of trouble.
    I absolutely agree with this as well, but in addition to my view , not necessarily instead of. A jump drive in battle should be interruptible. Meaning a hit that results in dmg or a shield being actively engaged to repel the hit resets the jump to 75% charged. The AI is predictable AND more profitable as you gain a history of encounters and know what you will gain in salvage. Don't get me wrong either, the gameplay changes I seek aren't merely to benefit the pvp experience.I'm not a PvP only player by any means. I'm in favor of bringing quest aspects into the game to give a more encompassing experience. Currently the pvp aspect is the only part thats developed to a point to validate input and critique imo.

Last edited: