Confessions of an Odium Pact Leader

Status
    Not open for further replies.

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    How is telling the truth causing drama? If they don't like being called out on their shit, then maybe they shouldn't act that way.
    While SOME of this may be true (as I recall I was the first person to call the orkz alts.), this is just an attempt to start an argument, and it's nothing but childish. Are the exploits and such he listed OK? No. But all this is is escalating pointless drama. It's childish. This is exactly why I stay out of faction politics.

And immediately creating an alt after your first one was banned to repost your thread is INCREDIBLY childish.
    [doublepost=1469079100,1469079066][/doublepost]
    Yes, you are describing something that has already happened multiple times. Except the threads were worse, and they weren't deleted.
    Well then they should have been.

Indigo Slimez

Almighty Glorious Overlord
    Reaction score
    Hostility I
    Please, kindly fuck off, we don't need this idiotic thread.

Reaction score
    • Wiki Contributor
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Please, kindly fuck off, we don't need this idiotic thread.
    Drama and immaturity or not, it is relevant that the sins, such as they are, of the Odium Pact, be brought to light. Some statements of the OP are untrue, presumably (It is unlikely that the speculated individuals are actually Aceface alts), but much of it has long been held true and is now given more weight.

This subsection of the community has been held as toxic since time immemorial, and this is in no small part due to the impetus provided by the Odium Pact (you will note that I do not presume to claim that they are the origin, nor the sole cause, of this behavior, but simply one part of a larger issue). If we are to move forward, it is necessary to understand which parts of this community have willfully chosen to avoid fostering meaningful or enjoyable content.

This may seem "carebear" in tone, but the fact is that all worthwhile conflicts in recent memory are arranged battles, agreed on before hand and with the implicit goal of being "balanced" such that all parties feel that they have participated in something meaningful, rather than being pointlessly killed. This will hopefully change as the game gradually grows to include mechanics encouraging meaningful conflict.

I will conclude by noting that your post is irrelevant in its entirety, and serves to significantly lessen many members' respect for you and your faction.

Crashmaster

I got N64 problems but a bitch ain't one
    Reaction score
    Seeing as the OP appears to have been edited and not deleted by a moderator arguing over the need to censor it seems moot. Funny thing about this thread though is that there is no argument or drama at all about the content of the OP. I'm so disappointed.

Az14el

Definitely not a skywanderers dev
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    hahaha, m80
    just stop

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    In moments like this, we must take a few minutes out of our forum lives, to bathe in the glory that is this thread.

Relevant:
    [doublepost=1469095036,1469094564][/doublepost]But seriously though, this calls into question the reality of factions, which factions are merely alts, like the orks, and which ones are real?

They certainly had me fooled, I was looking forward to combat with some green skins, but now, that's impossible.

I would like to say that I, and my faction, are real, but as of this moment, there's no way to confirm that is there?

In other words

(note: this is not intended to offend anyone, I would like everyone to try as hard as they can, to have a mature, and logical debate over recent events, and I would also like everyone to see the humor I have presented, this in no way reflects my opinions on the topic, and is merely intended as satire)

Last edited:

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Everyone's Ridik. Zoro's Ridik, Two's Ridik, Heillos is Ridik, fuck, I'm Ridik.
    Funny. Ridik lost interest in the Starmade community years ago. Went to stir s**t up in real life.

About the deletion of the first thread: I know Blackhawk proably violated terms and conditions yb registering another account. Still, the information posted, ESPECIALLY the cold hard evidence, was more than relevant. The contents of the thread, were more than relevant, as how the community AND the staff treat exploiters, alt spammers and generally, toxic and disruptive members, can rise or ruin a game. So, DukeofRealms I honestly hope that at least you guys INVESTIGATE the evidence provided, and TAKE MEASURES, however drastic they must be, to eliminate this behavior by severe punishment and/or making it completely impossible.

I don't care why BH busted this open. I don't give a good goddamn if it was personal rage, conscience or any other reason. The fact is, he did, the facts are, the evidence is out there, and the fact is, this SHOULD BE DISCUSSED instead of swept under the rug, regardless of who starts the thread.
    Take Riot Games for one, devs of the most popular online game to date where a squad of neuroscientists, and psychologists, are employed to try and control the toxicity in the community.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Everyone's Ridik. Zoro's Ridik, Two's Ridik, Heillos is Ridik, fuck, I'm Ridik.
    (note: this is not intended to offend anyone, I would like everyone to try as hard as they can, to have a mature, and logical debate over recent events, and I would also like everyone to see the humor I have presented, this in no way reflects my opinions on the topic, and is merely intended as satire)

Last edited:

Blaza612

The Dog of Dissapointment
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Afterall, the role of mods is to make sure we dont shank each other.
    More like turning the forums into 1984*

*I will acknowledge that the mods have gotten better and less bitchy

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Moderators of SMD and the testing team have in the past restricted access to threads which detail serious exploits since the very beginning, which only makes sense. This isn't the case here and even if it were, the only people who really need to know exploits are the testing/development teams and server owners. We already work with a number of server owners in the testing team, to notify and address these very sorts of issues. It doesn't make any sense to publicise major exploits before releasing a patch to fix them. But as I said, the removal of the original thread had nothing to do with this.

The original thread was "deleted" (hidden, we never actually delete anything) because of personal information shared, harassment and flaming. The user who posted it violated a number of forum rules and the ToS. Just because a thread has potential or confirmed exploits does not excuse the rest of the content. The entire purpose of the post was to incite negative responses, if it were simply a list of exploits I doubt it would have been removed. Sometimes the moderation team will modify a thread, this is completely up to them. Sometimes a thread is temporarily removed from public viewing to be reviewed by the rest of the team. The original thread was different to this thread, surprisingly, this repost addressed the main complaints of the original one.

Our testing team in coordination with the Council is already in conversations with users who utilise or are aware of exploits (before either thread was posted).

We haven't deleted this thread, as you will see it was simply modified (we have removed insults/harassment and personal information). In most cases, alternative account threads are automatically deleted. As this thread was reposted, we modified it and left it open.

What is the problem? We've edited a thread which originally violated our ToS and have left the useful information for the public. We don't need to create issues where there aren't any, let's focus on the actual problems.

To all you drama lovers

Thread locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.