Condensed system blocks

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I was thinking of system blocks (thruster, power, weapon ect...) that would behave like large clusters of system blocks to simulate the effects of advanced technology.

Of course these blocks would have to be more difficult to produce and more expensive resource wise for balance sake. It would be grate for cramming more effectiveness into ships that are more dedicated to detail.

Perhaps this could be done in tiers. Tier 1 would be normal blocks, tier 2 would be times 10, tier 3 would be times 100.

Would this work, or just break the game balance (unless it's made only to be available in singleplayer if such a mode existed)?

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    This first problem I alway see with these kinds of suggestions is it gives established players an greater advantage over new players. Sure, settled players already have a resource stock and have an inherit advantage, but when you put 2 ships of the same mass class against each other, I'd like for the better pilot and/or better design to be the victor, not the one with the most grind behind it.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Assuming relatively low increase (10-15% tops) and availability only at certain parts of the galaxy or some such, these kind of systems could be used to drive faction warfare, other than that it's not really that great as it just creates a bigger rift between rich and poor players.

Reactions: Ithirahad
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Perhaps it could be optional, only permissible if the server owner allows it.

Personally, I would welcome such blocks in a singleplayer setting (I'm sure the AI pirates won't complain ;)).

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    No. Super-strong systems always leads to people who are rich enough to pack a titan with them, and, well, that isn't fun for anyone else.

TheOmega

The reason Deb needs meds
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    What if it went to like, tier 10, and had a special factory to make them? The increase wouldn't be linear, and you couldn't buy them in shops. like, 5-10% extra whatever a level, or taking longer to get diminishing returns, or an increased hard cap (if there are any). Or maybe just the computers could have extra secondary/tertiary systems.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Whats the reasoning behind this?
    The classic "I want to kill everything with tiny fighers like in *insert 0815 space fighter game here*"?
    (Not meant as an insult, but im kinda puzzled by the fighter player faction)

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I would LIKE different tier blocks...

T1 : Scavenger = blocks just for vision (aka Weak hull)
    T2a : Common = blocks which have a good health and moderate cost (aka medium hull)
    T2b : Uncommon = Specialized items for low power-draw or high-output.
    T3 : Artefacts = blocks which you can only get from drops (for fighters), via quests (trading items), ...

T2b+T3 could be block-structures (multiple blocks in relation to each other share the same status of existence, like copy+pasted stuff, just the same hp + build/remove action).

I would also like an option for a flagship and prototype blocks.
    Prototype : only once per faction you can buff thrust for just one entity. Only 1 feature per ship (thrust, power, lasers, missiles, ...).
    Flagship : 5..10% stronger because of superior technology.​