Bug Computer - Weapon Links Moving on Game Restart

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Hi Everyone! I'm getting a strange problem where (especially on large ships), the purple links I make between weapons and their computers are moving, so when I fire the weapon it actually fires from 10-15 blocks below where any weapon modules are. The same thing is starting to happen with logic blocks as well. Now the ship this is happening on is MASSIVE (150k mass atm), so I'm not sure if the problem has something to do with that, but I'd rather not have to go through and re-select every single light in the ship every time I restart my game if possible.

Has anyone encountered this before and/or knows of a fix?

Computer/Game Stats:
    Mid 2010 iMac running OSx Yosemite (64 bit)
    Game Version: 0.19174
    Memory Dedicated: 2048 MB

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Try to blueprint that entity and spawn it again, if its still happening in the copy, please attach it here, or send it to me, will look into the details and possibly forward to schema for investigation.

- Andy

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Thanks for the reply! I just tried copying the blueprint over to a new world, but the glitches are still happening. People have said deleting the logic file in the blueprint might work, but since it would get rid of all the links on the ship I'm saving it for a last resort. Here's the blueprint:

Attachments

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    After a bit more testing, I can pretty much confirm that the problem is with the ship's core. I decided to delete the logic file within the blueprint, respawn the ship, and reconnect everything. After I did that, I noticed that only the computers I connected to the ship core were affected, and none of the lighting and logic systems had any connection issues. The corruption goes back to my earliest blueprint... so I'm not sure if there's anything I can do besides scrap the entire design. Any suggestions?

AndyP

Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Thank you for the blueprint, downloading it, and looking into it this evening.

- Andy

AndyP

Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    hm, tested it, looks a bit like it has static ghost connections.

At least they did not move for me, but will try again tomorrow.
    Did you try to replace the computers?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Yeah replacing the computers fixes the problem temporarily, but as soon as I restart the game they move again. Also the movement for me only happens once (after the selections are on their selected blocks), and whenever they move, they always move to the same place in relation to the ship core. Actually, after some more checking, I've noticed that all the selections start at the same position on the Z-Axis (8 Blocks behind the core). And even though the missile and the two cannon collectives don't start on the same Z-Position, their selection boxes are starting at the same Z-Position. I've got some more pictures below, the black lines of blocks shows where each selection box starts, and the grey lines show where the actual modules are on the Z-Axis.