Competetive AI-ships?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hello!

The default AI ships have traditionally been pretty underwhelming. Even the actual default mob, the Isanth VI, is pretty unimpressive. While it has a nice punch it fights like my 80-year old grandpa on an overdose of valium.
    What Im looking for are decent AI ship builds, preferably like a "pesky bee" design: small, agile and can give a punch! Maybe even a small rocketboat? Had some good fun with that in the past!
    So do you think its possible? Do you have a design suggestion?

Reaction score
    I think untill the AI gets an update any ship will fight like your grandpa, who is on valium.

As for ship designs, anything with lasers can be good especially if it's small and fast. Rockets are good too but i find that rocket ships will take much longer to shoot the first shot than laser ships.
    Be careful about big ships. I have my Gentlemen's Skull Frigate about the size of an asteroid. It's big and fast. As a result i have to chase it through sectors. Its real annoying especially when i find myself in some other sector.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Well, a while a go I had some luck with small ships + missiles. They offered at least a bit resistance...
    Never saw a big AI ship that was a problem. Most could be outmaneuvered too easily.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    be cautious for what you're asking for :P
    the AI works at about 1% of what they could.
    I'm not gonna be consolidating if the AI is blowing you into smithereens ^^

Reaction score
    I think the slider idea wouldbe very cool..then newer players could be challenged with the lower seetings and those of us that arn't phazed by the ai can turn it up and have some challenge.

Reaction score
    the game will already use ships that you have saved to the catalog, so you can always find ships that are equal to you in strength, but out-number you.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    you can also tweak the server.cfg file to increase the accuracy of AI ships (enemy ships)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    you can spawn any ship u have ingame directly for the ai fleets we have some small designs u can come and download look for starmadesuperhive on facebook there are scrennshots of the pirate fleet ships and trading guild

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    A thought. If the Isanth-IV is the 4th in its series... Then how much worse were Isanth-I, II, and III...

And just imagine how terrible the Isanth-V\'s wrath will be, after the lengthy troubleshooting our ships have been giving the pirate engineers, exposing their flaws for the next generation of pirates to know of and protect against.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Yeah, where are the Isanth I II III and V?

If these were added, there could be a more varied gameplay in the beginning, since some pirtaes would be weaker and some stronger.

I know you can set other ships as pirates, but newbies would\'nt know how to do that, would they?