Community Fleet Contest Results!

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Out of curiosity why did my fleet not make the cut?

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Alright so a few things.

One, nobody is perfect. We didn't expect perfection. There are still plenty of things on every winners builds that will need tweaking. Missing blocks, misplaced blocks. It's not really an issue. We needed designs that were 95-99% done. We got what we came for.

If you want to know why we did not accept your submission, we are willing to private message you our response. Please understand we did place some limits, and many were on the line. Unfortunately there could have been one major issue holding back what was a great fleet from making it. We were fairly strict with the rules. We evaluated each submission as a group, not as individual ships. So if a single ship had some major issues, it could have been disqualified.

To answer Trekkerjoe, we will be holding a vote. The community will decide which fleet gets larger ships, and stations. There will be a few different tiers, which determine the sizes that various winners can build at. This all needs to be figured out now that we have the number of winning submissions.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    Darn..png I'm frankly a bit bitter about this...
    Normal.png But I'm not one to hold a grudge. Next time, I'll be even better.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Congratulations winners! Well done!
    [doublepost=1468376783,1468376631][/doublepost]
    Alright so a few things.
    If you want to know why we did not accept your submission, we are willing to private message you our response.
    Yes please! It will help me with future building.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Man.. I'm really sad none of mine made it in.. I mean they were some of the most liked on the competition page and on the docks.. Guess i should have updated the interiors more.. Congrats to all who made it. I'm still looking forward to seeing all of these ships in game though with or without my own.

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Man.. I'm really sad none of mine made it in.. I mean they were some of the most liked on the competition page and on the docks.. Guess i should have updated the interiors more.. Congrats to all who made it. I'm still looking forward to seeing all of these ships in game though with or without my own.
    Push for schine adding the ability to make faction modpacks that you can download from the site or steam workshop.

Reaction score
    Well im blown away. I was under the impression only a handful were going to be accepted. Super happy to see so much diversity in the accepted submissions too. Heres to a great group of ship factions! congrats everyone :)

Chckn Wildstyle

Design Head of Cabal Weapons/Technologies (CWT)
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Hopefully my fleet will get the green light to have larger ships. Then I will be able to add some heavy corvettes and frigates, as well as my defense platforms. :)

Reactions: Top 4ce and Criss
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Really disappointed I couldn't finish a fleet in time. I had some really cool ideas for ships, but didn't have the time to build them. Too much life stuff which took priority. :(

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Really disappointed I couldn't finish a fleet in time. I had some really cool ideas for ships, but didn't have the time to build them. Too much life stuff which took priority. :(
    Good call!
    This competition almost cost me dearly relationship wise.
    [doublepost=1468381250,1468381040][/doublepost]Let me rephrase that. My time management spent on this, not the competition itself.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Hopefully my fleet will get the green light to have larger ships. Then I will be able to add some heavy corvettes and frigates, as well as my defense platforms. :)
    I dare you to make an ODP
    an orbital defence platform with only 1.1 t/m and not ment to move, but like a space T95, it will kill everything
    Like the didact's AA cannons from H4
    Alright so a few things.

One, nobody is perfect. We didn't expect perfection. There are still plenty of things on every winners builds that will need tweaking. Missing blocks, misplaced blocks. It's not really an issue. We needed designs that were 95-99% done. We got what we came for.

If you want to know why we did not accept your submission, we are willing to private message you our response. Please understand we did place some limits, and many were on the line. Unfortunately there could have been one major issue holding back what was a great fleet from making it. We were fairly strict with the rules. We evaluated each submission as a group, not as individual ships. So if a single ship had some major issues, it could have been disqualified.

To answer Trekkerjoe, we will be holding a vote. The community will decide which fleet gets larger ships, and stations. There will be a few different tiers, which determine the sizes that various winners can build at. This all needs to be figured out now that we have the number of winning submissions.
    Could you please tell me how I could improve my ships, because I binge watched Skylord luke, Raiben, Dalmont, some of Bench, and Saber with his ship reviews. I really want to become a good builder, so telling me would really help me narrow down what I should keep doing.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Whew!
    Congratz to all!
    I wouldn't mind seeing mod packs of fleets. Replacers or additions or what have you.

Reactions: davejos