Communication block (Bobby AI Module)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I want a block which I call the communication block that helps control AI, so we can have a fleet

The Communication block has some simple commands that all bobby AI's (with your faction module) nearby will follow.
    First you can choose if the command is for turrets for ships or for both. This will change certain commands making them accesable or not (a turret cannot follow)

Time for the commands:

1. Follow (this will make all Bobby AI's nearby follow the ship the block is on)
    2. Swarm (the AI will stay close to the ship and will fly circles around the ship)
    3. Flee (This will make the AI flee to whatever coordinates you choose and wait in that sector)
    4. Dock (the AI ships will dock to any rail blocks that have been added to the antenna block C>v)
    5. Precise Fire (The player can use the antenna block in flight mode to fire a harmless beam that works like a pointing beam, when Precise Fire is selected all AI will fire at the point that you pointed at)
    6.Deactivate/Activate (Will active all AI or deactivate all AI in the sector)

Reactions: GreenScrapBot
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Getting AI to properly dock will be tricky, to say the least. The only things I see that are practical are: Travel to a sector, follow, and deactivate. That's it.

For docking, the only way this would work is if the ship had a specific module assigned to it. It would be a good repurposing of the old docking modules: Place it, give it a name, then tell the AI to dock at a specific named docking port.

Then there's the issue of loaded and unloaded sectors... with your module, any sector that has a ship with a bobby AI module would have to remain loaded. That'll kill servers, especially with all of those pirate stations. The game would have to cheat a lot for this to work and not crash the server.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I suggest "area-trigger style", invisible, go-through Rail blocks to create a path AI ships can follow to their dock.

I'd like 7. Formation.
    Ships could have a Display-module connected to the AI+antenna which has tags ("taga, tagb, tagc\ntagd" the later weight less).
    Then you could choose one or draw a Formation with 3D voronoi-cells and assign names to cells or cell-groups. AI-Ships will try to stick to these relative positions to your main-ship.