Collection of thoughts on faction happenings

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Beams would have lower range than AMCs so there is some balance between these weapons. I don't know about dps comparison but i guess it's similar.
    And balancing different weapons could be easily done server-wide, so i don't think there would be a problem.

Question 2- (5/3/14)

What is your opinion on the weapons update?
    Can't wait for this. But on the other hand i have exams in 1.5 week, so i also hope it would take longer for Schema to release the update as i want to have good grades :)

Reactions: JimmyJamba

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    About lasers:
    I think putting lasers on turrets, or other AI controlled crafts, will be one of the most OP weapons. The instant straight line combined with the aiming "skill" of the AI just creates weapons, that will never miss. So I think, lasers need a nerf right away, just because of that. Either their power consumption must be very high, or they do not deal much damage, OR shields absorb their damage(10% shields absorb only 10% damage, 100% shields absorb all damage). Automatically fired lasers could also allow for building traps(laser cage e.g.).
    Well it may seem OP at first... I worry it might actually break turrets worse :u I dont know exactly how Beams will work, I've heard they will be an instant Travel? Turrets Dont Point at the enemy ship I dont think... they point in front of them and Lead to account for the Distance/speed of the shots, so Turret aiming will have to be altered... and Not to poke fun, but Schema hasn't really been kind to Turrets in his updates o Ao

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Beams would have lower range than AMCs so there is some balance between these weapons. I don't know about dps comparison but i guess it's similar.
    And balancing different weapons could be easily done server-wide, so i don't think there would be a problem.
    True
    Well it may seem OP at first... I worry it might actually break turrets worse :u I dont know exactly how Beams will work, I've heard they will be an instant Travel? Turrets Dont Point at the enemy ship I dont think... they point in front of them and Lead to account for the Distance/speed of the shots, so Turret aiming will have to be altered... and Not to poke fun, but Schema hasn't really been kind to Turrets in his updates o Ao
    As long as turrets do not aim outside the target ship, any beam-type weapon will hit, if it has enough range, even if the core isn't directly aimed at. And if randomly an aiming offset makes the turret aim at an empty spot, move your ship a little, and the new angle will, if you don't move wrong, make the turret aim for a part of the target ship.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!

Can't wait for this. But on the other hand i have exams in 1.5 week, so i also hope it would take longer for Schema to release the update as i want to have good grades :)
    Not sure why beams would have a lower range..?
    Wasn't it said beams would be the 'long range' option, sacrificing damage but having better range?

I just want to see rays of light crashing through sectors, burning all the heretics. :P

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I always thought of Beams as the Long range insta-travel weapons for Sniping o -o low fire rate and whatnot (makes it much less forgiving if you miss)

And good point about the turrets :u would be a nightmare with small ships though, but what do I know? * ^*

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I'm not so sure about those short-range beams, but i think it was mentioned somewhere. I think that comparing to the AMCs with the same dps, they would have shorter range. But there is a wide variety of weapons combinations so it's possible that i'm wrong :)

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    I always thought of Beams as the Long range insta-travel weapons for Sniping o -o low fire rate and whatnot (makes it much less forgiving if you miss)
    About the long range low fire rate:
    It only applies to charge lasers, since the other lasers are permanent fire, similar to the salvage beams. I think charge lasers will be the strongest though.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I did not know they was to be continuous :u I assumed it would be in Quick Burst by default, but what do I know? * ^*

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Scroll up to Q.1.

And Q.2. Has to do with what weapons we can expect to see factions using in the update.

Reaction score
    I want to install area effect weapons on my big ships to destroy any fighter :D But this could be a problem since that would make smaller ships like fighters useless against big ships. They probably should make damage proportional to the target mass. Or they need to power up and this is visible.

That would be great, a silent wummwmmwmwm and then noooo he charges the death array!!!! fighter back back ....
    A animation would be cool for the charge laser to0, maybe the ship could stop maneuvering too. That way the weapon would be really useless for smaller vessels.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    The is no "small" or "large" ships in the game really :u those are titles we gave the things we made. And the Balancing part of AoE things like Pulsar would be their limited range :p Fighters could easily shoot from outside of the range.

I think Pulsar might work well on a speed destoryer sized ship * ^* used for tanking and then taking out Turret arrays on a larger ship

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    I tend to believe that pulsars are a very bursty, short range type of weapon ideal for both brawlers and glass canno- Erm, glass rams. Ends up paired very well with a movement inhibiting ability and can work extremely well to finish off wounded vessels.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    I'm staying on the forums you bunch of drama queens. I'm just not partaking in faction based stuff or playing online.