NP Cobalt Royalty [EVE themed PVP faction]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    Uh huh, 2 systems of planets and 150k+ mass of ships

Its alright, you weren't properly informed.
    We ended up mining the planet plates.

As far as losses, we've lost a mining ship, and a random combat ship built by an allied faction.

Also, did you miss the part where the spy stole the other, filled, Prowler blueprint? Or the three purifiers? Not to mention the truckloads of resources and other various goodies.

Or the part where Cobalt lost their two non-home systems and all the planets within, and associated warp-gates.

That was a thing too.

But I guess you're right, its a small token.

I mean, we're pretty terrible, after all. o_O

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Remember the forums has rules. I'm all for mocking someone, but don't turn it into a circle-jerk bash fest, those are reserved for mods.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    We ended up mining the planet plates.

As far as losses, we've lost a mining ship, and a random combat ship built by an allied faction.

Also, did you miss the part where the spy stole the other, filled, Prowler blueprint? Or the three purifiers? Not to mention the truckloads of resources and other various goodies.

Or the part where Cobalt lost their two non-home systems and all the planets within, and associated warp-gates.
    Wait, so literally you are saying your only attack on us were:

1) Spies
    2) Abandoned planets and gates

While I cannot pick on you for point 2, I do find promoting use of spies quite bad in general. It really does ruin the trust between players, and make recruiting a literal nightmare, where eternal paranoia takes place in all factions that are at war.

You did say Imperium prefers a "good" fight, so do we. :)

Do not take this as an insult, this is merely my point of view on this "war". Once "spies" get involved, it really sucks for everyone as no fighting is done. At least there is no more base build blocking thanks to new permission system.

And to be honest, as a CR member and a SM community member, I think this forum warz + Spying is literal poison for the community. More pew pew :D
    [DOUBLEPOST=1434447554,1434447247][/DOUBLEPOST]One more thing, until Aceface say otherwise, any and all CR members who decides to accuse the admins of SS of cheating will be ranted at in PM or TS.

Full stop

Be thankful we have a server to play on, an admin team that is active and competent.

Win, lose, at this rate, I don't care. I do care about people being bad sports, especially those in CR.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius

1) Spies

While I cannot pick on you for point 2, I do find promoting use of spies quite bad in general. It really does ruin the trust between players, and make recruiting a literal nightmare, where eternal paranoia takes place in all factions that are at war.

Do not take this as an insult, this is merely my point of view on this "war". Once "spies" get involved, it really sucks for everyone as no fighting is done. At least there is no more base build blocking thanks to new permission system.

And to be honest, as a CR member and a SM community member, I think this forum warz + Spying is literal poison for the community. More pew pew :D
    [DOUBLEPOST=1434447554,1434447247][/DOUBLEPOST]One more thing, until Aceface say otherwise, any and all CR members who decides to accuse the admins of SS of cheating will be ranted at in PM or TS.

Full stop

Be thankful we have a server to play on, an admin team that is active and competent.

Win, lose, at this rate, I don't care. I do care about people being bad sports, especially those in CR.
    the only thing he wanted to point out,is that Aceface was boasting ,how they killed our 1 mining ship,and also destroyed our abandoned planet bases.
    there is nothing to boast about.. odium lost 5x more stuff overall
    also,killing every planet in the galaxy that you run into is a di** move,we now have 200+ planet plates floating in the galaxy because of odium.
    I would understand killing enemy faction planets ,but killing every single planet around ,claimed and unclaimed systems..is just that.. a di** move

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    So destroying planets is not fine, while using spies is perfectly fine.

Hate to say it, but Schema made it so planets are destructible, while spies/ obvious theft could easily be seen as a form of grieving/ unintended way of playing the game.

I see scorched earth (or exploding planets) as a perfectly legitimate tactic if it was not for server setting which hurls them infinitely into somewhere. And even then, I see no reason not to destroy every single planet after Imperium claimed "victory" by using "a di** move" (Read as "Spying").

I suppose our opinions differ at this point.

PS: Odium thus far still haven't "lost" anything due to combat, seems more reasonable to write said "loss" as "theft" and at the very worst, a desperate "attempt" at an attack.

Well, another valuable lesson to learn on our end is counter espionage. Perhaps it was too much of an expectation for any faction to fight now a day without it turn into spy war 2015.

---------------

I will talk to Ace if possible about the planet chunk flying everywhere problem. If it is confirmed to cause lag, we will stop blowing everything in our path up for the sake of the server.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    the only thing he wanted to point out,is that Aceface was boasting ,how they killed our 1 mining ship,and also destroyed our abandoned planet bases.
    also,killing every planet in the galaxy that you run into is a di** move,we now have 200+ planet plates floating in the galaxy because of odium.
    I would understand killing enemy faction planets ,but killing every single planet around ,claimed and unclaimed systems..is just that.. a di** move
    As much as I do agree that Ace shouldn't be boasting, bragging about theft of ships through the use of spies and betrayed trust ( which is seen as griefing on other servers ) is not something you should be proud of either.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    lol boasting =/= sharing

1) Spies

Full stop

Can't agree with you more Mort.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    CR gets a new turret :D

This is made for home base defense, with decent damage output and block damage potential. 3 turrets are currently deployed, 20-40 are planned in total. Good turret elevation is offset by poor gun depression, which will be addressed by deploying equal numbers of turret facing up and down. Guided missiles also alleviates this to a certain extent.

A large missile pod is also fitted for sheer awesomeness :p (And to fire more missiles, because there weren't enough :p )

PS: Each 1 block "cell" is an output, arranged in a checker box pattern. No missile like overwhelming missile.

This is an "upgrade" of a CR turret designed by TwoNiner.

---------------------------------

Images below!

http://imgur.com/a/pXxG6

Last edited:

generalBLT13

Scary grrrrr
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Purchased!
    CR gets a new turret :D

This is made for home base defense, with decent damage output and block damage potential. 3 turrets are currently deployed, 20-40 are planned in total. Good turret elevation is offset by poor gun depression, which will be addressed by deploying equal numbers of turret facing up and down. Guided missiles also alleviates this to a certain extent.

A large missile pod is also fitted for sheer awesomeness :p (And to fire more missiles, because there weren't enough :p )

PS: Each 1 block "cell" is an output, arranged in a checker box pattern. No missile like overwhelming missile.

This is an "upgrade" of a CR turret designed by a member who I do not know, so if the turret seem familiar, poke me so I can credit you.

---------------------------------

Images below!

http://imgur.com/a/pXxG6
    Nice work :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    One more thing, a turret platform is being built and will be completed soon.

The wire framing is temporary. The spacing between the barrels of the turret allows all turrets to point at 1 direction without silly gun barrel morphing :D

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Are the missile pods on the rotating barrel segment? Because otherwise you'd need AI on both turret pieces and it'll cause serious problems when there's more than one target.

Yes, missile pod is on the same "piece" as the guns. I simply joined them together with blue tac. :p

Reactions: Top 4ce and Keptick
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Build build!!!

The next turret I build will either be modeled after the "Kashtan" or the "Tor".

So more missiles from vertical missile launcher, or combined gun and missile turret. :p

(Vertical launch means I can avoid dealing with rails that need to face up, lol)

Reactions: aceface
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Moar turrets!
    Join CR for Amarry turrets!
    And you'll actually be able to use them.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Nice too see my stuff getting upgraded :p
    Yep, it is definitely a good turret you made. :)

My next step is to enlarge it and make a 4 barreled flak version with a a "Pantsir" style missile system. (Independent missile aiming through multi-docking)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    TwoNiner did the turret design overall. I just slapped random stuff on it :p
    I actually think they look just a bit better with the extra stuff on it. TwoNiner's turret was sexy to begin with, but sometimes slapping random stuff ends up just working. Turn it into a quad-barrel and i'm in love, even though I think lazors look better than cannons. I'm obsessed with lasers. Most of the ships I end up designing use laser turrets for main arms and little cannons for PD.

Status
    Not open for further replies.