CLOSED* CONTEST: Default Stations Submission

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Reaction score
    just had to pop in and say on behalf of the community (who are probably too lazy to read this topic)
    Awesome work people, can't wait to see what else you have in store for this competition.
    (on a side note, can we make these a regular event? like every three months or so?)
    i dont know since the stations chosen in this event are going to be ingame as default stations and its gonna be pretty laggy having 15 new stations every month, but i hope since the game is getting new content and probley a lot of buildings that are yet to come, they can do contests like these and let the community build those buildings

i do like all the stations a lot and make the station im building look like some uninspired box that needs a lot of work, but im trying to keep it simple, it doesnt have to be an artwork if it fills the job as a station

Reaction score
    (on a side note, can we make these a regular event? like every three months or so?)
    Noooooooo! I am already wasting too much time on this station—doing this every few months would be horrible! :<

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Hello everyone.
    It's my first time to post anything that I've made, so please don't criticize much : S
    I do also realize it prolly won't go nowhere but, meh. It's all about fun... Or is it?

Here goes pictures!

A tiny bit about station. Totally optional and "lore friendly". Call it whatever you like.
    Station was intended to look a bit like "humanish", a bit futuristic/militaristic.
    Basically, it is a medium sized (380m length) shipyard.

Station was abandoned a very long time ago due to the reactor malfunction in block 1. Better to not turn it on before checking.
    There is also power control room. You can turn on/of reactors, emergency power and EVERY light on station. To power stuff you need to turn on at least one generator, duh.

Also... There is hidden room. There is NO VALUABLES there, but hey! IT'S HIDDEN!
    Link to the station:
    http://starmadedock.net/content/contest-space-station.948/

Important note - station was created by me and my friend Darth Vader.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    just had to pop in and say on behalf of the community (who are probably too lazy to read this topic)
    Awesome work people, can't wait to see what else you have in store for this competition.
    +1
    +1
    -> Some of these look really good. Hopefully they can randomly pull from a supply of 10 - 20 of these ^.^

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Hello everyone.
    It's my first time to post anything that I've made, so please don't criticize much : S
    I do also realize it prolly won't go nowhere but, meh. It's all about fun... Or is it?

Here goes pictures!

A tiny bit about station. Totally optional and "lore friendly". Call it whatever you like.
    Station was intended to look a bit like "humanish", a bit futuristic/militaristic.

Station was abandoned a very long time ago due to the reactor malfunction in block 1. Better to not turn it on before checking.
    There is also power control room. You can turn on/of reactors, emergency power and EVERY light on station. To power stuff you need to turn on at least one generator, duh.

Also... There is hidden room. There is NO VALUABLES there, but hey! IT'S HIDDEN!
    Link to the station:

Love the rawness of it, good work!

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    Hello everyone.

Here goes pictures!

Link to the station:

im in love with this station!!! great job both of you! :)

EDIT* can i use this for my machinima videos? :P

Reaction score
    Hello everyone.

Here goes pictures!

Link to the station:

Woah :eek:
    I can just imagine bright welder lights from tiny little astronauts working on a cruiser. Nice work!

Now for something completely different (WIP)
    Started out as a shape from a dream i had, no jokes. Sort of looks like a temple...

Hope they fix the logic system i really want those triple lifters to work.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    im in love with this station!!! great job both of you! :)

EDIT* can i use this for my machinima videos? :p
    Thanks much... Everyone, really.
    I, as for myself, feel pretty honored by such proposition. I can't say anything for Vader, but I think he will have nothing against it either.
    Still, if you'll ever make use of it in any meaning, mention the creators please! :D

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Hello everyone.

Here goes pictures!

Link to the station:

Win or not, I am downloading this.

Last edited:

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    ...Now for something completely different (WIP)
    Started out as a shape from a dream i had, no jokes. Sort of looks like a temple...

I love it. I hope you don't mind if I say it looks like something straight out of "The Jetsons" lit up brightly. Very cool architecture.

Now where did I leave my spaceship suitcase....

Reaction score
    I just spent the last 3 days looking at this beautiful work, (as well as reading all of it and downloading the really exceptional ones) I wish that I was able to get online sooner and try to make a station for this. Just tell Skylord and Dalmont that their work is too good to enter in the contest and that they should get into architecture. Their entries are just beautiful (If I had to critique I'd tell Dalmont to add a gravity generator to get off the floor of the hangar though, the architecture is beautiful so that is fine)

PS: I would like to see a TG, Pirate, and abandoned/neutral/civilian ship contest in a few months. I'll definitely take some of this advice too, I'm a terrible builder who is right above cubes and makes Ice Crystal the only visible material.

Reaction score
    The station looks great on the outside, but the interior looks far too clean. Unless it's inhabited by a bunch of Loki-esque tuxedo pirates who follow a strict code of honor and dine with aged wine and escargot, try giving it some signs of damage and disrepair, to help enforce the signs that it's a ruthless and rugged base full of ravaging scavenging pirates! :)
    I kind of built it with the idea of a Trade Guild Defence Squadron gone rogue occupying this station.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I kind of build it with the idea of a Trade Guild Defence Squadron gone rogue occupying this station.
    Well to be fair, universe IS a big place and trade guild cant control all of its outposts... ;)

Reaction score
    Woah :eek:
    I can just imagine bright welder lights from tiny little astronauts working on a cruiser. Nice work!

Now for something completely different (WIP)

I love it. I hope you don't mind if I say it looks like something straight out of "The Jetsons" lit up brightly. Very cool architecture.

Now where did I leave my spaceship suitcase....
    Jayman beat me to it but yea first thing I thought when I saw that was the Jetsons.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Just a reminder to all those building stations that will evidently replace the old stations that have been with the game for months on end:
    This is what you're replacing, a station that thousands of thousands of people have seen. You had best make it a station that can be seen by thousands of players and never lose its sense of Stationynees

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Tarusol being annoying when trying to showcase a station

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    >.> I started making a neutral station with the whole abandoned train station look to it, but then I started looking through these entries and saw I had some stiff competition to deal with XD. All these stations look fantastic guys, can't wait to see who's gets immortalized in-game.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5

Would you call it worthwile to continue on this?

The piece south right let you enter the address you want to jump to. 1 circle for x, y, z (8 bits) (only theoretically, because there is no computer which can get 24 bits from logic blocks).

Status
    Not open for further replies.