CLOSED* CONTEST: Default Stations Submission

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Being the designer of a default station would be cool.... But really, I hope that server admins get a way to modify or replace those default designs on a per-server basis. If I were to run a Starfleet themed server, I can give the pirates Klingon ships... why not Klingon themed stations?

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Being the designer of a default station would be cool.... But really, I hope that server admins get a way to modify or replace those default designs on a per-server basis. If I were to run a Starfleet themed server, I can give the pirates Klingon ships... why not Klingon themed stations?
    You can. There will be folders dedicated to neutral, trade, and pirate stations when this is finished.

Reactions: GaeasSon
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    You can. There will be folders dedicated to neutral, trade, and pirate stations when this is finished.
    that is a good thing some servers will spawn different stations and i can choose what station i want to spawn

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    If you only count votes and likes here, ppls which spam would be rewarded more than peoples who occasionally submit a pic.

Reaction score
    Talking about a recap...

What's the number as of now of entries for each of the three categories??

TG :

Rats :

Aband'n :

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Talking about a recap...

What's the number as of now of entries for each of the three categories??
    Rather than giving a static answer that could be wrong in 10 minutes, let me give you a link to a listing of all the stations, ranked by number of reviews and average ratings: http://starmadedock.net/content/categories/space-stations.3/?order=rating_weighted

That's probably the best possible view of the field we have right now. Of course not all these stations are contest stations, but it's not hard to tell which is which.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    This is my WIP Trading Guild 'Police' Station. Most of the outside is completed, but still need to do much of the interior.

It has eight turrets, four top, four bottom and four large ship docking areas, two inside the hangers and two on top. The large bio-dome on the top is yet to be done with trees and plants etc. Inside the station is room for holding cells, control rooms, accommodation etc.

What do you think?

Another 'abandoned' station I'm working on in the background.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yes, we need police. To protect all these newbies :D

I think it would also make a great default spawn, as it looks very welcoming.
    (don't get me wrong, probably different servers will use different stations)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Yes, we need police. To protect all these newbies :D

I think it would also make a great default spawn, as it looks very welcoming.
    (don't get me wrong, probably different servers will use different stations)
    I have to agree. This station I think I would put in another category... I think this wants to be a "welcome station". This is the friendliest looking station I've seen yet. I would let this station spawn just once, but put it as the default station at the default spawn point.

Reaction score
    This is my WIP Trading Guild 'Police' Station. Most of the outside is completed, but still need to do much of the interior.

It has eight turrets, four top, four bottom and four large ship docking areas, two inside the hangers and two on top. The large bio-dome on the top is yet to be done with trees and plants etc. Inside the station is room for holding cells, control rooms, accommodation etc.

What do you think?

Those patterns there look like they were taken from some old lady's wallpaper. :/ Apart from that it doesn't look bad, though.

Reaction score
    Just so we're on the same page here: I'm talking about those grey lines on blue, with the blue lights at each center.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive

What do you think?

That looks like it came out of a cartoon like the Simpsons or Futurama.

Interesting though.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Just so we're on the same page here: I'm talking about those grey lines on blue, with the blue lights at each center.
    That's it. No blue lights on the security screen of course, but it has the diamond pattern with the bit in the middle.

Reactions: SkylordLuke
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10

What do you think?

The abandoned station looks really neat. Think we could get a close up on it?

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    aw too bad. I still recommend finishing it at some point and putting it up for download.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Bronze 2

What do you think?

I really like your station! BTW here's a ship that might fit well together with your station (made by me) :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.