CLOSED* CONTEST: Default Stations Submission

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    I think that the exterior could use more red.
    Depending on the atmosphere you want to achieve with the interior, you could think about switching from blue to yellow lights (danger instead of cool/soothing).
    Thanks for the feedback!

The red I totally agree on. The more I look at it, the more she calls out for a sweet paintjob! As far as the blue goes; that is exclusive to the Hangar bay; and can actually be turned off independently from the red!

You'll be happy to know as well that the actual walk-around interior already features plenty of greens, yellows, and hints of red; making it feel like the den of scum and villainy its intended to be. Buwahahaha!

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I am starting to doubt I will get my station thingie done in time :/
    I have lost my motivation and my inspiration.
    For me the hull I got looks completely horrible.

I hope I can get something done when I get home again.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    well,if you build a good looking station,no tester ..not even a master builder will take your place on top. because this is what its all about,new stations that look better than the current ones,i will gladly vote for your station if it looks great :)
    I'm not building a station, I have other things to attend to. Thank you for being kind.

I just hope the judges, whoever they are, know what they're getting into. They have a lot of submissions to review, and they need to plan how they judge each station wisely. I'm not telling them how to do their job, I'm only saying they won't be considered "fair" if they skip one station.

You, make an, uhm, compelling argument there.
    Thank you for taking the time to read.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Correct me if I'm Wrong, but Most of the choosing will be done by Community Votes (as Stated in the OP).
    The Dev Team would then pick (Probably from the top 7 or so) the Stations that would be added (cause of issues that may arise like Copyright, too much material/Logic, or does not comply to the standards set).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    SpacePort TradingGuild (5th attempt)

Exterior is pretty much done now, and about half the interior is finished aswell.

some of the features:
    3 docks designed for Isanth type-zero's
    Occupied/unoccupied lights working (simple logic)
    Lifts
    Shop

The station is currently not available for download, but will probably be within 24H.

Let me know what you think about it, and if you want it to be a TradeGuild station in the future!

Feedback is, as always, much appreciated :)

- Maranello (TheSchibbye)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    SpacePort TradingGuild (5th attempt)

Exterior is pretty much done now, and about half the interior is finished aswell.

some of the features:
    3 docks designed for Isanth type-zero's
    Occupied/unoccupied lights working (simple logic)
    Lifts
    Shop

The station is currently not available for download, but will probably be within 24H.

Let me know what you think about it, and if you want it to be a TradeGuild station in the future!

Feedback is, as always, much appreciated :)

- Maranello (TheSchibbye)

So neat looking! Really like this entry as you already know :p the exterior red lights however dont really seem to fit all that well, may look better if they were changes to yellow or green.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Correct me if I'm Wrong, but Most of the choosing will be done by Community Votes (as Stated in the OP).
    The Dev Team would then pick (Probably from the top 7 or so) the Stations that would be added (cause of issues that may arise like Copyright, too much material/Logic, or does not comply to the standards set).
    Well that seems foolish. Then most people will vote for their own, unless you aren't allowed to. That would be more logical.

Reactions: SkylordLuke
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    Well that seems foolish. Then most people will vote for their own, unless you aren't allowed to. That would be more logical.
    Even if people could, and do vote for their own entries; that is only one vote per station, per person.

Also; while the preferences of the community will be taken heavily into account, the developers have the final say. So we will end up with not only aesthetically pleasing stations but also ones that function within the games parameters and fit the developers vision for the future.

Everyone has an equal chance provided that they take the time to enter, and build to the best of their ability in accordance with the rules.

TL;DR Its not a popularity contest; we actually need stations that work in-game and that the community loves.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Even if people could, and do vote for their own entries; that is only one vote per station, per person.

Also; while the preferences of the community will be taken heavily into account, the developers have the final say. So we will end up with not only aesthetically pleasing stations but also ones that function within the games parameters and fit the developers vision for the future.

Everyone has an equal chance provided that they take the time to enter, and build to the best of their ability in accordance with the rules.

TL;DR Its not a popularity contest; we actually need stations that work in-game and that the community loves.
    In the occasion that there may be one vote per station, per person, then how many votes would the winning stations have? 10-20? Of course it isn't a popularity contest, and of course the developers do have the final say. As I said above, I believe it would be more logical if there was no option to vote for your own station due to the massive number of entries. That way, a station that the community loves can be easily found. Besides... it's well mannered.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    In the occasion that there may be one vote per station, per person, then how many votes would the winning stations have? 10-20? Of course it isn't a popularity contest, and of course the developers do have the final say. As I said above, I believe it would be more logical if there was no option to vote for your own station due to the massive number of entries. That way, a station that the community loves can be easily found. Besides... it's well mannered.
    Currently there are not a lot of pirate or abandoned bases compared to TG submissions. This worries me :P

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Currently there are not a lot of pirate or abandoned bases compared to TG submissions. This worries me :p
    It worries me as well...

If people start constructing the other types of stations, maybe their station has a higher chance of being chosen, no?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I hate to say it too, but there has been fewer entries for abandoned stations as well as pirates. (although they are good and few). Perhaps more promotion of this part of the contest and possibly more time is needed in order for these to be greater in number.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Just gonna throw this out there, from the OP;
    Votes made on the StarMadeDock page for each station will help determine the best stations (so go vote.)

All entrants must upload via the StarMadeDock and then provide links to their uploaded station.
    You will have until 3 weeks from now to complete and submit your station. Upload the file and then provide a link in the comments below.
    I assume this means is the "Votes" will be the Number of Likes provided on the Community Content Page (Where you can download the Station). Meaning the Owner can't vote for his own, and people can vote for multiple Stations (which makes more sense to me).

For example; if 20 people liked Station A, B and C, and only 9 people (separate from those 20) like Station D; Using the 1 Vote per Person would mean that Station D would have a better chance of winning (since those 20 people would have to split their votes between those 3, so 6-7 votes each lets say, while D would have 9), Even though A, B and C were more Liked and preferred by the community (also think of it as someone getting some friends to Vote for their Station even though they don't play).

I dunno, I just feel 1 vote per station does not properly reflect the opinion on what stations should be added. Since we are allowed 5 Stations of each, why would we only be allowed to vote for 1? Would be better to give everyone 15 votes for different Stations (since that is the number that will be added) if you want to limit votes.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    I personally would like one more week for the contest. I think we need a good selection to choose from and we will have maybe 7 or so guaranteed choices for each category to choose from by the end of this. Not enough imo.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    It worries me as well...

If people start constructing the other types of stations, maybe their station has a higher chance of being chosen, no?
    It doesn't really matter in which category you build, as long as the station looks better than the others :p

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    BTW: Are self-destruct mechanisms legal? (if you place a display next to it saying : self destruction button ahead!)
    You unspeakable bastard! What a brilliant idea!
    Why does GaeasSon get an agree, but my original post not? :/

Is it legal now or so much "unwanted" that devs would never pick it as default (as it defeats the purpose of a loot-station)?

I will never vote for stations which look like ships if there are other good choices.
    Do you know StarGate-Atlantis? Even ships don't have to look like ships (Atlantis has a hyper-space drive too)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Just gonna throw this out there, from the OP;
    I dunno, I just feel 1 vote per station does not properly reflect the opinion on what stations should be added. Since we are allowed 5 Stations of each, why would we only be allowed to vote for 1? Would be better to give everyone 15 votes for different Stations (since that is the number that will be added) if you want to limit votes.
    It's not 1 vote per station is it? I've already liked and rated (voted for?) several stations, and was planning to vote for more.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    It's not 1 vote per station is it? I've already liked and rated (voted for?) several stations, and was planning to vote for more.
    Its my understanding the poll is going to be separate from the actual uploads on the site. So I wouldn't worry too much!

Status
    Not open for further replies.