Not open for further replies.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    just a little update on my ship.

theres some detailing but right now im concentrating on getting the basic hull design down.

This is the ships core. upon landing/docking/passing a point the ship will lock the players out by either activating Damage beams/ or just locking the doors with a clock. Regardless its the plays objective to destroy the core here by activating buttons places around the ship then coming back to push the final button that blows up the core enabling them to escape.

This is the top half of the reactor room. still working on it but its fairly complete.

with just a week left i hope i didnt bite off more than i can chew with this

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    just a little update on my ship.

theres some detailing but right now im concentrating on getting the basic hull design down.

This is the ships core. upon landing/docking/passing a point the ship will lock the players out by either activating Damage beams/ or just locking the doors with a clock. Regardless its the plays objective to destroy the core here by activating buttons places around the ship then coming back to push the final button that blows up the core enabling them to escape.

This is the top half of the reactor room. still working on it but its fairly complete.

with just a week left i hope i didnt bite off more than i can chew with this
    umm,ship?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    6th attempt trying to make a good-looking trading guild station. its still a work in progress station.

What I struggle with atm is what im going to do with the large black areas (I dont want to make too much white plating).

Feedback is always appreciated :)

Maranello (TheSchibbye)

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    I present to you. A Pirate Station Entry.

By, Skylord Luke, Myself, and Raiben.
    Still a WIP, but I couldn't resist! Hope you guys like it!

There is a LOT to explore here; and the asteroid is full of caves filled with lore-free meta!​

The beauty....It. IS. MAGNIFICENT!

Reactions: iPwn_ and Dalmont
    Reaction score

There is a LOT to explore here; and the asteroid is full of caves filled with lore-free meta!​
    OMG :D Awesome work guys. Can't wait to see the end result!!! *internal girly scream*

Reactions: Dalmont
    Reaction score
    My god guys, some of these stations are just amazing! its probably going to be very hard for them in the end to decide which ones make the cut or not. but regardless, you should all be very proud of your selves. youv made some incredible constructions.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Here's the basic structure of my station.

I thought it would be about normal-sized compared to other stations posted here...
    Anyway, this is nowhere near finished, as I still have some small changes to make to the basic structure (I'm not particularly fond of the top spire), then I have to smoth, round, and greeble (greebl, greebel, etc?), then I can start on the interior.
    I will probably enlist the help of a friend for the rest of the process.
    Oh, and any tips or bits of constructive criticism are always welcome.

Reactions: Macharius
    Reaction score
    I was going to say the pyramid needs wedges, then I realized it was intentional.

Looks like there are few neutral entries so far, so I might be in with a chance.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    one tip: if you are ever going to make a pyramid, make it upside down.
    That makes it easier with stairs. I forgot it :)

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I gonna make a plex-door elevator :)
    You don't know what it is? my gain :D

BTW: Are self-destruct mechanisms legal? (if you place a display next to it saying : self destruction button ahead!)

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    I have, but with the large number of submissions I assume that a tester or a "Well Known Member " would take the prize(s).
    well,if you build a good looking station,no tester ..not even a master builder will take your place on top. because this is what its all about,new stations that look better than the current ones,i will gladly vote for your station if it looks great :)

Reaction score
    6th attempt trying to make a good-looking trading guild station. its still a work in progress station.

What I struggle with atm is what im going to do with the large black areas (I dont want to make too much white plating).

Feedback is always appreciated :)

Maranello (TheSchibbye)

First of all, I think you should make those black areas blue. The trading guild uses blue, after all, and except for a few blue lights (which everyone uses for everything, they therefore don't count) you have no blue. Plating would be fine imo, but you should break it up with some detailed parts.

I think that the exterior could use more red.
    Depending on the atmosphere you want to achieve with the interior, you could think about switching from blue to yellow lights (danger instead of cool/soothing).

I have, but with the large number of submissions I assume that a tester or a "Well Known Member " would take the prize(s).
    You, make an, uhm, compelling argument there.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Calbiri : May I have a rules judgement on "simple logic"? I was just re-reading the entrance guidelines and I begin to worry that my plex-lifter door logic is disqualifyingly complex. (it's just a momentary switch, but still...)
    The logic to which I refer is described here: http://gaeasson-shipwright.blogspot.com/2014/07/logical-lifts.html
    The station that contains it is here: http://starmadedock.net/content/trade-guild-station.888/

Edit: The logic is in astronaut-accessible space on the station. Part of my thought of putting it there was to serve as a brief tutorial in basic logic for new players. A momentary switch provides an example of the function of all the basic logic blocks.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.