Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    First defensive tower has been set up, and thank lordy for copy and paste because doing that 4 more times wouldn't be the funnest thing in the world.
    Each tower will have 4 turrets but I'm not gonna bother making them yet.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    First defensive tower has been set up, and thank lordy for copy and paste because doing that 4 more times wouldn't be the funnest thing in the world.
    That nebula, just wow.

The station looks very evil too. Very pirate-y

Reaction score
    Very nice looking, and it reminds me of the Cybran buildings in the Supreme Commander games.

Reaction score
    I have decided that I am not going to build those 8 missing hangars that I'd have to build according to my concept drawing. Mostly because there is no time. Anyway. Here's my station a few hours ago. Not much has changed since then.
    That black stuff at the top is part of the cargo distribution system and will therefore be interior at some point.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5

Trade station. Might need more blue. I also regret going with white, as white is horrible when used in bulk.
    Well my station is complete. Got a problem where turrets don't spawn in game, am I doing something wrong? the Local blueprint has 8 attached folders (the turrets) but the exported folder doesn't seem to contain them or else it would spawn with 8 turrets.

Album: http://imgur.com/a/gOpuG#0

http://starmadedock.net/content/private-military-station-pirate-station.912/ (at the time of posting, it hasn't been approved yet)

the 2 stations look very balanced, not messy and even more or less realistic.

The white station features very efficient design of space as unused hangars can be used as storage rooms while the second has a great buffer between the main part and the spots where peoples will likely ram or fire at.

I would just have placed the turrets 45° turned around the centre and add a look like motors could draw them right and left (or around an axis so that they can target up down) to make them evade incoming danger + to not obstruct docking areas.

Continuing my pirate station progress. Muahahahaha. Should be done by Saturday

I am not sure if such a big hangar will not dominate the look (especially from bottom-up view) and hide all the nice details.
    Unique parts from every angle make everything interesting and I am curious how you will negate the side effects of such a big hangar.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I'm mainly very concerned about the time limit. The outer shell is almost 70% complete, and I've barely just started on the interior, and I only have, say 3 days of building time due to school. And that's with the time I have to spend on my homework AND prepare for the 2 to 3 tests we have every day. Maybe I'll submit the station at the last day no matter my progress and if it gets chosen, I'll keep updating it. I'm seriously considering just quitting and focus on my grades if people don't like my station. >_>

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    I'm mainly very concerned about the time limit. The outer shell is almost 70% complete, and I've barely just started on the interior, and I only have, say 3 days of building time due to school. And that's with the time I have to spend on my homework AND prepare for the 2 to 3 tests we have every day. Maybe I'll submit the station at the last day no matter my progress and if it gets chosen, I'll keep updating it. I'm seriously considering just quitting and focus on my grades if people don't like my station. >_>

But we do like it!

It's amazing. Although, it does not look very abandoned, more like it's in full swing. It would make for an epic trade station if you added some blue in there...

Reactions: Ithirahad

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Wafful... That's amazing... I'd really like to be flying through space and suddenly see that floating there. That's the epic factor EVE has that this game is in desperate need of.* Impressive; 10/10.

*... But in EVE, the stations are more pretty lights and models than anything else, and there's no exploring station interiors. Here, you actually fly in and dock, which is awesome.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    *... But in EVE, the stations are more pretty lights and models than anything else, and there's no exploring station interiors. Here, you actually fly in and dock, which is awesome.
    Oh no, don't forget Walking in Stations CCP has brought us with Incarna!

... wait a minute...

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I really like it. The hangar arrangement, the hallway deko - and especially the exterior.

It is one of the best I've seen here.

Reaction score

Pirate station. As with my trade station it isn't a behemoth like some of the other entries... I just don't have the patience or the talent to build something that big.

The idea here is that pirates have taken over an old shipyard/ repair facility. They've effectively plugged in an old frigate which is used to provide shields to the facility while the facility provides power to the ship via the solar arrays.

Meteor impacts, rival pirate barons, bounty hunters and poor maintenance have started to take their toll on the old station.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    the ship is not docked? nice idea.
    funny turrets.

but a damaged repair station? :D

Reaction score
    the ship is not docked? nice idea.
    funny turrets.

but a damaged repair station? :D
    yer makes total sense cause its practically been jerry rigged by pirates to get it functioning, since it didnt have shields before they came along it could of been damaged by debris rocks etc, so makes perfect sense plust pirates arnt known for the Clean patch ups ;)

Reaction score
    Well i ran out of ideas for the station i was building before and desided to make a new smaller one, so here it is so far:
    The exterior is almost complete and will have only simple details, nothing too fancy, the only part left t make is the docks. The interior is just started so there is not much to look at except the small garden.

Reaction score
    I like the "gyroscope"-rings, but I am not that happy with how sharp and small the inner part looks.

Also: pure red may look good on the outside, but even if pirates like red, they will for sure not see only red.
    (except they are infected by some brain-virus ;), or they are StarTrek:Klingons?)
    Thanks, I haven't been able to add much since than, but basically what I'm thinking of is adding an interior horizontal ring and allowing access into the systems to add more space. I've also managed to reduce the amount of red on the inside, but I do like the evil lair look in the center, I'll add pics when I'm done updating it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.