CLOSED* CONTEST: Default Stations Submission

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Reaction score
    Made up an alien numbering system for the pillars. I wonder what this was, data storage? Control station? A weapon?
    The great and benevolent Trading Guild has "obtained" the NAV coordinates and is already sending surveyor teams to this mystery...

Station will feature two gravity directions because why not :D
    I like where this is going, but just a little observation : There's a lot of ice. And ice is a valuable.

Reaction score
    Now for todays progress. :)
    The first 2 dock have been made as well as the logics to switch between regular and emergency lights, which is really simple and consists of only 4 logic blocks.
    The front half is also mostly shaped and is asymmetrical. The rest of the work done is just some small details here and there as well as 2 cranes and 1 cart in the cargo bay.

EDIT: Here is a bonus picture of the current decals:

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Now for todays progress. :)
    The first 2 dock have been made as well as the logics to switch between regular and emergency lights, which is really simple and consists of only 4 logic blocks.
    The front half is also mostly shaped and is asymmetrical. The rest of the work done is just some small details here and there as well as 2 cranes and 1 cart in the cargo bay.

EDIT: Here is a bonus picture of the current decals:

Everything about that looks great except the wings. They seem out of place. Even if its meant to move, They are way too small for it's size. (Not that it matters in space :P) Just my opinion.

Reaction score
    Everything about that looks great except the wings. They seem out of place. Even if its meant to move, They are way too small for it's size. (Not that it matters in space :p) Just my opinion.
    Well i will smoothen them now and make them bigget if needed. Some of the parts are still just the basic shape and may or may not be changed anyway.

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    http://imgur.com/a/r928G/embed

This is my pirate station entry prototype. It still needs turrets added. Basically it consists of three rings at 90 degree angles and 6 beams that go to a central diamond shaped control center. It's supposed to be a small base measuring 293x293x293

Any feedback is appreciated.
    That's a very nice shape. I would smooth out the edges of the circle like constructions, will look great when you use tetra/heptas like in this picture. http://i.imgur.com/q9QBCjZ.jpg

On a side note: I have a question about pirate stations, are we allowed to dock small ships on them (My idea is to equip it with 4 automated escape pods, simple logic)?

Reactions: Hijiscool
    Reaction score
    • Tester
    Too bad about copyright violations, been working on this for awhile....

woah --- stunned --- wakesup --- woah
    very nice reproduction. do you care to explain how you did that ? :)

How about a spaceport? (Still early in process - lots to add)

Nice idea, and already looks great ... but i guess it misses the purpose like for example the anchoring bay on tortuga as a pirate base ;)

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    Too bad about copyright violations, been working on this for awhile....
    Have you used SMEdit to import a 3d model of this? The hull really looks crude and inconsistent. It's a nice station though, how big is it?

Reaction score
    I've been working on this thing:

Shields and power are in place with expansion plans, administrative area type stuff. The docking areas are next, followed by the middle and lower tiers. You bet there's going to be socioeconomic correlations with the tiers and visual aesthetic patterns. I'm aiming for no larger than 550m^3 with 90% being within 350^3, and calling it a self sustaining city station of sorts. I hope to have it done in the next few days.
    That is simply mind bogglingly beautiful. Make it bigger :D

Reaction score
    Have you used SMEdit to import a 3d model of this? The hull really looks crude and inconsistent. It's a nice station though, how big is it?
    The biggest I could do was a 3:1 with SMEdit. It's over 500m diameter - runs ok when I put it on a separate server. Lots of jaggies to fix up, but I've mainly been focusing on decks and internals, getting power and shield ramped up.

Reaction score
    Too cool! Do you have a specific thread for this? I'd love to follow your work on it.
    Not yet - It's a ship, not a station. I'll probably see if I can get it up on a server somewhere and possibly get some others to help work on it. I've got power and shields all set - but it's a pretty big station and there's a lot of internals - deck, control stations, etc - to hash out. I'll fire up a thread if I can get it somewhere everyone can access.

Reaction score
    woah --- stunned --- wakesup --- woah
    very nice reproduction. do you care to explain how you did that ? :)

Nice idea, and already looks great ... but i guess it misses the purpose like for example the anchoring bay on tortuga as a pirate base ;)
    Oh, and I used SMEdit. I had to start small (100m across) and try bigger and bigger. Once I got above a 750m diameter, SMEdit would blow up during generation. I tried several machines, but that's as big as I could make it. Now that I'm actually doing the insides, I've come to the realization that 500m is plenty big enough. I'd never finish one that was much bigger.

I was thinking Trade Guild Spaceport - fuel, supplies, protective hangars (lot more to build.) I'm working on a locked room with a combination safe that will blow the goodies if you get it wrong.

Status
    Not open for further replies.