CLOSED* CONTEST: Default Stations Submission

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Reaction score
    Yes there is a way. (works only in singleplayer) Go to the Starmade folder and look for a server.cfg file. Open this in notepad (or any text editor) and scroll down to the bottom. The fifth line counting from the last line is PLAYER_MAX_BUILD_AREA = 10 //max area a player may add/remove in adv. build mode. Edit this number to let's say 50 and then save the file. Next time you go in game you'll have a 50 slider max :)

Nice station by the way, add some repair/power supply beams and let them trigger with an area. If you fly through they power/repair you even though it's more cosmetic than useful ^^
    Set to 100 and now to make my abacus cry in pain :D
    thx for the save

*10 minutes later*

hmm...apparently placing 80000 blocks at a time can confuse the block counter...

guys is there an actual limit to the number of blocks or just the dimensions?

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    ...is this too ambitious?
    ...yes those asteroids are for scale reference

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold

but seriously

im considering changing my submission into a pirate station just for it to fit into a more objective based adventure. namely shutdown( i mean explode) the server core (which has the faction module surrounded by disintegrators) to access the rooms with loot chests in them

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    ...is this too ambitious?
    ...yes those asteroids are for scale reference
    What is it? If it is going to stay that shape then I would say its a bit much. I know details haven't been added yet but in the end it is still a massive cube.

Reactions: SkylordLuke
    Reaction score
    Good gravy that is enormous! What are you going to fill it with?
    well i just lined the interior walls with one layer of powertanks...turns out that was a bad idea...game started crying and i had to abandon it.
    what i meant was to have buildings and pads on the inside complete with 6 sides of gravity...sort of like space stations in elite:dangerous...just bit off more than i could chew i guess

600*3 is too big of a limit if one means to make a cube

Reaction score
    I have another point to try and make.
    I know this might not be the best in terms of game efficiency, but I feel that in order to make the game more immersive (because that's what it's all about, right?), Schema/Calbiri/etc. should accept a larger number of civilian/neutral stations. The more there is to explore, the more interesting the game is, I say.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Good idea but I believe we should wait on that since it is possible that there will one day be more default factions, then there will be more to build!

Reactions: scagjmboy45

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    Started working on my own station yesterday, going to be a pirate station. I might build some more at the bottom so it's more of a spire/tower with a main hub/hangar and a defensive ring.

Planning to make 4 escape pods that work with logic and maybe a lockdown system that closes all doors in the hangar/main hub if the external doors open while the second hangar doors are open too (no one likes vacuum, right?). Adding flashing red lights to that makes it even cooler ^^

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Slight update. Was extremely busy today, so didn't really get around to do much.
    Added satellite dish, exterior docking area, and two top entrances into the station. Exterior still has plenty of barren space for more additions.
    Good job! I recommend you add some kind of superfluous structural supports, because they look cool.

Last edited:

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    http://starmadedock.net/content/derelict-repair-depot.867/
    starmade-screenshot-0100.jpg
    V0.8 released. Mostly interior work, setting the theme of it being an addled old bird. The hardest thing about having a small interior is to try and keep it interesting without being way too cluttered. I've installed some trick-gravity for exploring astronauts.
    -"paint factory" interrior work to the 3rd floor starmade-screenshot-0099.jpg
    -2nd floor cleanup and steamlining. starmade-screenshot-0103.jpg
    -removed WIP shop module
    -removed faction cube

Things to do for v 0.9 (If you want to help, I need debuggers! Tell me about problems when you rate it.)
    -set doors and lights to a more believable pre-clock state for a station in "power saver mode"
    -logic boot sanity-check
    -misc exterior detailing and smoothing
    -

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    I have another point to try and make.
    I know this might not be the best in terms of game efficiency, but I feel that in order to make the game more immersive (because that's what it's all about, right?), Schema/Calbiri/etc. should accept a larger number of civilian/neutral stations. The more there is to explore, the more interesting the game is, I say.
    I would only agree with this once he makes a sane updater. we don't need to download every bloody file every update. He needs a version-key with changes so we can just download the files that have been changed. (of course keeping a complete install available too ;) )

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    My 2nd attempt at the Trading guild station (More like the Trade Empire of DOOM).
    WIP, But nearly finished.

Other angles: http://imgur.com/a/sJcGj#0
    Gungnir, I think that you should add some sort of spire to the bottom, possibly with solar panels, to make it look less saucer-ish
    Maybe something similar to this.

Reaction score
    I've been working on this thing:

Shields and power are in place with expansion plans, administrative area type stuff. The docking areas are next, followed by the middle and lower tiers. You bet there's going to be socioeconomic correlations with the tiers and visual aesthetic patterns. I'm aiming for no larger than 550m^3 with 90% being within 350^3, and calling it a self sustaining city station of sorts. I hope to have it done in the next few days.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I've been working on this thing:

Shields and power are in place with expansion plans, administrative area type stuff. The docking areas are next, followed by the middle and lower tiers. You bet there's going to be socioeconomic correlations with the tiers and visual aesthetic patterns. I'm aiming for no larger than 450m^3, and calling it a self sustaining city station of sorts. I hope to have it done in the next few days.
    It's so blue, so impossibly blue! That is awesome! You might want to make it a bit less blue, though, as it hurts my eyes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.