CLOSED* CONTEST: Default Stations Submission

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    D

Deleted member 301635

Pirate version of the giant donut:

Complete with a self-destruct system and 'unpleasant suprises'.
    Also, for teh evulz, one of the buttons turns off the self-destruct sequence. The other, which is right next to it, blows up every dissie in the station.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    Are Hazard blocks considered rare?

They are worth a bit but are abundant.

D

Deleted member 301635

Are Hazard blocks considered rare?

They are worth a bit but are abundant.
    I don't know.

Did some tests with the giant space donut(GSD) and it's about equal to a cruiser. So in the unlikely event that it gets chosen, I would recomend making it quite rare.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    I can't let you have all the fun Skylord. So here is one of my current work in progress entries.

Lost 3.5 hours of progress today thanks to a cache issue; thanks to Phant0m for helping me resurrect her. <3

P.S. Your station makes me cry tears of joy.
    Damn, now that is legit

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Started work on my second station for the trading guild. Should be about 500 meters long tops. Basically a big maintenance hanger for larger ships, and a warehouse section in the back.

One thing I am concerned about is size. It's going to need lots of detail work to make it look interesting. There's a large hanger entrance on the right and an "inner hanger" will be further. Lots of more interesting architecture on top that I haven't completed yet. It'll be all industrial inside when its done. Also layering the hull so that it can have seams.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    ok,before i start building more complicated details,let me show you guys the basic shell of the future trade guild central station,tell me what you think guys
    I can't let you have all the fun Skylord. So here is one of my current work in progress entries.

Lost 3.5 hours of progress today thanks to a cache issue; thanks to Phant0m for helping me resurrect her. <3

These are the best two so far imo well done guys

Reactions: Dalmont
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    What do you think so far? I really need more info to go on.
    I decided to manipulate the style of existing bases and was thinking about attaching the base of it to an asteroid, since asteroid stations seem to be the new fad:
    overall, the top is still the "factory floor", but with an added respawn room on top.
    the middle part where the bridge spans is the "center" of the station and features a force-field protected faction block covered to make it look like a reactor (and I threw in a simple gravity circuit as well to help players that might tour the station or seek refuge).
    the 4 spires act as a combination of a weapons pylon and as a set of stairs. I might include a hangar or force-field protected space-dock on the bottom or sides of the eventual asteroid. (possibly an ice asteroid)
    weapons I plan as being a combination of "lasers", and cannons, all firing in blue.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    While all you fellows have been busy rushing your stations, me and Orphaniel have also been flexing our muscles quietly over a pirate station. It contains much red and cathedral-of-doom like interiors. It is far from finished though, and expect to see half-completed parts and other doodads.

To all other competitors; Good luck, and I hope to see some more amazing builds :D

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius

dal :) that is amazing !!! :D this is soo cool,cant wait to see more

Reactions: Dalmont
    Reaction score
    Okay thanks . Its because I'm french and i don't know of what calendar the forum is .

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Maybe start working on the interior of the Station? just a suggestion :)
    Interiors are for chumps :P. I am trying to get the exterior done and then will work on the interior. Although, I have finished pretty much all the outside at this point so I guess next I'll start the interior and add the roof and do the underside.

Reactions: WarmasterRaptor
    Reaction score
    So this is what I've got so far. I don't think I'll be able to finish the entire station in time, as I have school and can only work on weekends, but I think I'm quite happy with these results so far.
    Skylord, I took detailing inspiration from several of your builds, hope you don't mind :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.