Bug Clipping through Plex doors :/

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Not sure if it has been reported, but I have been able to clip through Plex doors completely, while travelling Backwards at 75-80 km/h speeds :u

Game version is 0.1421, but have actually been fooling around with this bug since pre-0.14
    Game is unmodded, and the only thing of note is both the ship with the plexdoors and the clipping ship are aligned with C

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Its sort of a weakness in the engine at higher speeds.

It is not related to plexdoors, any 1-block-thick wall can be passed through by a single core at speed 80km/h, regardless of orientation.

As it still works in the latest dev-versions, I'll put it on the list of bugs.

- Andy

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Is this likely to be the same bug that causes the turret shake at high speeds?

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I think the turret shakes have to do with the fact that Turrets and docked items are still seperate entities, yet are being pulled along even though their speeds are technically 0 :/
    Try attaching a toy to a string, then pulling it behind you. Best example of what I am trying to say - 3-

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Nope, turrets should be the problem because they do not 'remember' or 'use' the parents ships speed, and don't move on the client, they only get position updates by the server, and do not move between updates.

- Andy