Clean up server.cfg

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Many of the options that are related are not in the same area:
    PLANET_SIZE_MEAN and PLANET_SIZE_DEVIATION are separated from PLANET_SPECIAL_REGION_PROBABILITY

Shop related options are separated into 5 groups:
    SHOP_RAILS_ON_ADV and SHOP_RAILS_ON_NORMAL

SHOP_REBOOT_COST_PER_SECOND and SHOP_ARMOR_REPAIR_COST_PER_HITPOINT

SHOP_NPC_STARTING_CREDITS and SHOP_NPC_RECHARGE_CREDITS

SIMULATION_TRADING_FILLS_SHOPS

SHOP_SPAWNING_PROBABILITY

MODIFIED_BLUEPRINT_TOLERANCE and TURNING_DIMENSION_SCALE separate the default spawning options

And most of the options for the server admins are scattered through out. I personally think they should be at the bottom because most users will probably not mess with them much.

And there are probably others.
    The server.cfg file should be changed to group all of the similar options together. This will make finding the specific option you want to change easier. It took me way too long to get my server's settings just the way I wanted them because there seems to be order to only half of the list, which makes finding a certain option quite annoying at times.

Also, there are a few options in the server.cfg file that aren't needed anymore. Specifically, I have noticed the following:
    RECIPE_BLOCK_COST
    RECIPE_REFUND_MULT
    RECIPE_LEVEL_AMOUNT
    USE_DYNAMIC_RECIPE_PRICES

Recipes are no longer needed because of the change to factories that was made a long time ago. If they are still in the game, then they should be removed as well, as they are unused.

IGNORE_DOCKING_AREA
    ALLOW_OLD_DOCKING_BEAM

These should probably stay until all the stations are updated to use rails.

There might be some more I've missed.

Erth Paradine

Server Admln & Bug Reporter
    Reaction score
    If you've tried to manually reorganize settings, you'll notice that the game engine rewrites the file occasionally; removing commented lines, and resorting various entries. Quite frustrating.