[Classification] =Unofficial= TheImperialDonut's DMSCS (Damascus)

ImperialDonut

Overlord of the North Pole
    Reaction score
    Ah thanks a bunch War, I completely forgot to transfer this to the new site.

Sample posting:
    http://starmadedock.net/content/scavenger.214/
    With a bit of tweaking just a little info can go a long way.
    Almost good, but leave out the 'maker' extension on that. The secondary extensions are for heavy warships exclusively :p

I love it!!!
    It can easily be modified to suit a faction or a servers needs. It's also EXTREMELY inclusive (it has pretty much every element you'd want).

May I suggest possible adding damage output related to size (like you did with cost)?
    I never added damage because your dps depends on so many things, in favour of a more appealing, easier system.

My one problem, is the amount of info you give out, but also its too much. I would prefer a breifer one. Ship mass, ship thruster, and ship power. 3 simple things that can dont give out to much. Turret amount is next to useless. Untill we can have modified ranges. The turret one is useless almost. If they have few turrets you will see on the screen. And alot you will know. But nice work.
    The aim was to include as much data as possible in the CIC system, so you can glance at a ship and see what you're dealing with.

While this is a nice robust system because it is unofficial does it warrant being a stickied thread? I am personally against any universal classification systems because this game is a sandbox first and foremost and not everybody builds in the same "universe". Ships may get looked down upon because they don't adhere to a system like this, especially if it is held upon a pedestal such as being "sticky" therefore rendering it more important than other classifications. I could see a sticky thread linking to all the various classifications and let people choose what they desire to follow while the forums stays impartial and not playing favorites.
    Agreed that an all-round ship classification system thread might be more appropriate.