Civilizations

Reaction score
    What if there were self-sustaining civilizations throughout the universe? Like they started out as primitive cavemen living in caves and over a bunch of stages and a lot of time they evolve and become an advanced space-faring people.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Or they populated a planet with help of some generation-ship and the world they came from collapsed (nuclear war, ....)

Now they have not enough resources left to immediately start a new journey and fear that their civilisation collapses again, neither they have a destination or the need to expand (jet)

Reaction score
    Neon, maybe that would be for a more hostile or reckless civ, and true it would be a long time before this was added.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    im all up for this idea,but lets try keep it simple if we are going to talk about this :P
    so lets say universe generates one civilization on some random distant planet..
    first it generates buildings,with min/max number of NPC-s ...
    (there should be 3 stages of civilizations:
    -primitive: wild NPC-s with wooden houses
    -middle ages: Stone keeps and castles,stone fortesses
    -and modern/space age: normal city,and space shipss)
    and each of those civs will react to your actions as the current pirates/Guild react

what im looking forward,is invading those planets with my mighty SkyCorp warships,exterminating local population,and enslaving all who resist >:D mwhahhah

Reaction score
    'Twould add some variety... I think I saw something about how more complex default factions (and more of them) were planned.

Reaction score
    Maybe to add even more variety the aliens and creatures planned could be part of a civ too.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Or they populated a planet with help of some generation-ship and the world they came from collapsed (nuclear war, ....)

Now they have not enough resources left to immediately start a new journey and fear that their civilisation collapses again, neither they have a destination or the need to expand (jet)
    Neon, maybe that would be for a more hostile or reckless civ, and true it would be a long time before this was added.
    Compared to us? They might as well be humans.

Reaction score
    im all up for this idea,but lets try keep it simple if we are going to talk about this :p
    so lets say universe generates one civilization on some random distant planet..
    first it generates buildings,with min/max number of NPC-s ...
    (there should be 3 stages of civilizations:
    -primitive: wild NPC-s with wooden houses
    -middle ages: Stone keeps and castles,stone fortesses
    -and modern/space age: normal city,and space shipss)
    and each of those civs will react to your actions as the current pirates/Guild react

what im looking forward,is invading those planets with my mighty SkyCorp warships,exterminating local population,and enslaving all who resist >:D mwhahhah
    Maybe a fourth industrial stage between middle ages and modern day where its like the real world now

Reactions: wafflepie
    Reaction score
    Compared to us? They might as well be humans.
    Are we the REAL MONSTERS HERE!?!?!

I like the idea of finding ruins, or recently abandoned cities. Could be a sign of pirates, or maybe worse...

I always thought it might be fun to find a tribal civ, beam down and either raise then to enlightenment and get worshipped as a god or utterly destroy them whilst shouting 'Where is your god now, HUH?'. I think that might be for a different game however.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    No, not all humans are monsters, but it requires just 1 mad leader (think of the cruel in the second world war) and atomic bombs.

Have you never asked yourself in how many parallel dimensions humans are already dead because the cold war escalated due to one wrong decision?

Reactions: Vyor
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    schema doesn't tell that many people what he plans to add in the game the only people that know what is planned is the devs and the schine staff but I think they don't know a lot

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I guess schema does the easy or funny-to-implement things first, if it is not better to implement something else first. Maybe partially guided by community requests, partially by an own choice.

But don't quote me on that.

One thing we really need is to prevent over-spamming suggestions so that each day the first page is burrowed and some topics arise again and again.

If we could get an over-view of arguments around a topic rather than just a progression through random helpful posts, it would surely compress 600+ pages into 200. Nobody - even I who read most topics - have the time to read through everything. Apart general discussion and suggestions not even the last page each month.

Schema most likely has no time for all of it either (probably only reading OPs and a few posts from threads which look "welcoming")

Reactions: Vyor
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    you are right people keep making threads that have already been covered there needs to be away to make it easier to see threads that have already been done before

Reaction score
    No, not all humans are monsters, but it requires just 1 mad leader (think of the cruel in the second world war) and atomic bombs.

Have you never asked yourself in how many parallel dimensions humans are already dead because the cold war escalated due to one wrong decision?
    Yep and they've written books, directed movies and at least one epic videogame about this subject. You're right, all it take is one Charles-Manson type to lead a few lambs astray...

starhaiden
    there has to be a way to see threads that have been done before
    There is, when you make a similar thread (usually the title) a box appears showing threads with word matches. It needs to me more accurate though.

Last edited by a moderator:

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    starhaiden
    There is, when you make a similar thread (usually the title) a box appears showing threads with word matches. It needs to me more accurate though.
    It will not show circuits if I enter logic. It will also not show civilization when I enter creatures.
    It is a bigger problem that it seems to be at the first look.

Other example: Warp, FTL, jump-drive, teleport, hyperspace, ...
    So many words mean the same.

Last edited by a moderator: