Choice of trusters

Reaction score
    So I was wondering:
    A while ago now, a new type of truster plumes have been implented into the game. My question is: Did you actually changed your ship designs to fit the new thrusters? Do you still use colored crystal to decorate your engines or do you leave the inside blank now with some hidden, exposed thrusters, so that the engine lights up like a birthday cake when you go forward? I personally went for the second and I really like the effect.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    i still use colored crystals. My engines are behind armor at all times, so i dont see the plume anyways. Plus i think it looks cooler, and its permanent, unlike the new plumes.

Edit: unless its a small ship: less than 50 meters, then the engines are exposed.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I also do both. But I just embarked on a crusade to redo everything I have ever made, to modernize it all. Though i may wait and see what Schema does with power systems first. I do like the effect on the exposed thrusters, so I will probably go with that when I rebuild.

Sachys

Hermit.
    Reaction score
    I dont have that feature turned on - as I would guess many starmade players dont.

Reaction score
    Both, i can't handle framebuffer on everytime.

Captain Tankman

Cake Build Server Staff
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    my main engine blocks are good armoured and well hidden, but the "cosmetic" engines do use thruster plumes