Charon 2.0 - A WIP super titan [Update 5 : new medium turret]

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I would take your sniper turret, mount one smaller turret as main turret and some small on the other 4 sides and would use this as a ship.
    You build interior into your turret, did you? It would be a nice corvette :)
    Just joking ;)

/me likes the ship's design.
    It has a bit less hull around the core as I would have done, but I guess at this size, range, dps and who lags out first matter a lot more.
    I would try to divide such a ship into more entities to compensate for destroyed cores, but are not experienced at building a ship with that size and can only guess about game mechanics for lag-sized objects.

But can you please post some interior as well? I think that is what really shows design skills.

The core mechanic is going to go out the window eventually so separating the ship would just be a useless time expense.

As for the interiors, it's a completely hollow shell at the moment :p .

Edit: Holy crap, page 4 :O

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    This heavy corvette (codename: reaper) is specifically designed to be docked inside the main hangar (it will host 2 or 3, amongst other things). It has 70k dps with a max range of 1.5km. It's 125m long.

Last edited:
    Reactions: WolfChild
    Reaction score
    Update 3: ENGINES :D

I made a big part of the primary engines (literally the second engines I've ever built in starmade).

It actually deepens, gives a little effect when looming from further back and looks much nicer. Because yes, it's 3D detailing:

There will be secondary smaller engines on the sides btw. But that's it for most or the main engines visible part.

Sooooo, what do you guys think?
    I love the engines there incredible!

Reaction score
    This heavy corvette (codename: reaper) is specifically designed to be docked inside the main hangar (it will host 2 or 3, amongst other things). It has 70k dps with a max range of 1.5km. It's 125m long.

great corvette it would provide a great escape ship so it better be fast and powerful :)

Reactions: Keptick

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    great corvette it would provide a great escape ship so it better be fast and powerful :)

I need to do a massive system overhaul but it currently has a 3/1 thrust/weight ratio. The biggest problem is that it's pretty power unstable while firing, I hope that I can fix that with the system overhaul.:p

Last edited:
    Reaction score

I need to do a massive system overhaul but it currently has a 3/1 thrust/weight ratio. The biggest problem is that it's pretty power unstable while firing, I hope that I can fix that with the system overhaul.:p
    how much DPS does it have? because 1m regen is enough to fire AMC cannons dealing 50k DPS.

Reaction score
    Look at the post with the pics ;) (it's 70k)

That was the goal :)
    derp also whats the DPS on the Charon its self and the small turrets and how many AMC cannons do the Charon the Corvette and the turrets big and small have and whats the DMG per each cannon per shot for the Charon the corvette and the turrets and whats the range of the AMC cannons as well

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    derp also whats the DPS on the Charon its self and the small turrets and how many AMC cannons do the Charon the Corvette and the turrets big and small have and whats the DMG per each cannon per shot for the Charon the corvette and the turrets and whats the range of the AMC cannons as well
    You can find all this info in their respective posts. Just use the first post to find them (they are linked at the top). As for the main ship it s currently an empty shell.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    No problem :p . I just didn't have time to answer your question directly (I do now).

Big turret: 250k dps, 6km range, sustained fire.

Medium turret: 74k dps @1km range, 30k dps @1.5km range, sustained fire.

Reaper: 74k total dps. Turrets: 14k combined dps @1.5km range. Ship guns: 60k dps @1.2km range (I think).

I don't know the damage values for each shot though. I'm pretty sure that they can all destroy hardened hull blocks with a single shell, so it doesn't really matter.

Reactions: dark_J
    Reaction score
    No problem :p . I just didn't have time to answer your question directly.

Big turret: 250k dps, 6km range, sustained fire.

Medium turret: 74k dps @1km range, 30k dps @1.5km range, sustained fire.

Reaper: 74k total dps. Turrets: 14k combined dps @1.5km range. Ship guns: 60k dps @1.2km range (I think).
    this ship is going to be one tough ship to crack that is for sure if my estimations are correct this ship is going to have 25-30m+ shields and the AMC cannons will do 1m DPS with a HUGE power buffer however around 700m of this ship is a giant AMC cannon in the front or something along those lines so 50% of all that space in those dimensions is unused but still it could definitely have those stats that is for sure and that HUGE turret is the main thing im worried about that turret alone can take down a 800+ meter long capital ship...

Reaction score
    That's a biggie! Can't wait to see it finished, it looks great already. The corvette compliments the main ship very nicely as well. :D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Well, my fleet was nice while it lasted. Actually not that much of an inbalence, but that (I would call it a frigate) looks wicked sick. It seriously pushes the "ai drone of doom" look.

Reaction score
    keptick when both of are titans are done would you want to have a titan on titan duel to see whose titan is better :D

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    dark_J sure, if the server doesn't die :P

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    that looks great, if it was to be purchased from the catalog what would the price be?
    also, i love the truss system you have in there.