Charon 2.0 - A WIP super titan [Update 5 : new medium turret]

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    HOLY **** I only just now realized that entire turret is anchor basically to a center point inside the ship! That's a brilliant idea I'm going to have to use at some point!

Actually... that might work well on my battleship build as a primary weapon...
    Yea, it's pretty neat. I've used a similar system on a few other builds and it works pretty well :D

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    UPDATE 42: Airlock

The ship didn't have any actual doors meant for players to enter, only hangar doors which could only be opened from the inside or with a wireless logic remote. So I added an airlock to the ship:

Pretty self explanatory: The video starts in the gravity tube hub, the elevator lifts up into a small transition room, and the actual door can only be used when the elevator has left (since the top blocks the door). The door closes on it's own after the player leaves the ship. The process to enter the ship is pretty similar, just open the door manually (it closes automatically), activate gravity, press the button, wait for the elevator and get in once it arrives. Airlock door is located right behind the bridge:

Now all that's left to do to finish the ship is remake the systems in the turrets, put systems in the ship and fix stuff that updates broke. I hope that you liked this update, sorry for the long break, I'm having trouble motivating myself to play the game atm.

Reaction score
    Keep going man, I've been watching this thread for quite some time, and it's inspiring
    Also Keptick, i need help with making some small fighters that look good, but are able to outgun isanths while being smaller than them. Any tips for making effiecient yet aesthetically pleasing fighters in a 30m cubed area?

Reactions: Keptick
    Reaction score
    Hey man, i havn't been on here in at least a year, starting to get back into it.

This thing ever getting on a server? XD

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Keep it up broski. This thread gives me life.

Don't play if you're uninspired, but man, I hope you stay inspired.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I might as well start my build then, to keep you inspired and compete against you :P Keep going kep, Charon is the main thing that kept me drawn to Star Made over the last couple of years.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Hnnnnnnnnnnng, motivation is very very very lacking at the moment. I won't make any promises, but I'll try to get the systems done soon.

Thanks for all the encouragements btw!

Reactions: Pacific_Jim

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Hnnnnnnnnnnng, motivation is very very very lacking at the moment. I won't make any promises, but I'll try to get the systems done soon.

Dammit Keppy, get building.

Reaction score
    He's deserted us! Hunt him down! Summon the mob! Bring the pitchforks!

And someone get me a sinisterly flaming torch!

Reaction score

Systeming can be really tedious on bigger ships, so I can feel your pain there.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    FINALLY, AUXILIARY REACTORS CAME OUT!

Full disclosure I've been waiting for the auxiliary power reactors to be added to the game ever since their concept was drafted with the devs during the previous council term. I couldn't finish the ship without them because it would have involved refitting the turrets and docked reactors, which is a massive waste of time, not to mention pain in the ass. Unfortunately I couldn't tell you guys because it fell under NDA, so yea...

I can finally finish the ship!

Last edited: