Charon 2.0 - A WIP super titan [Update 5 : new medium turret]

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Gotta love those small unintended features that you claim are by design, like on mine where you press retract and it will somehow reverse the process when you are still docked and go back to how it should be ^_^
    Yes! I love it when things just work out unintentionally xD. But it's true that I intentionally made it so that additional imputs won't do anything. At first I used delays to sync everything: Bad idea. A side effect of the improvements I made is that if it gets stuck it won't continue with the rest of the animation and cause a mess because of the way rails work.

"It's a bug feature!"

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    A little suggestion (not related to construction of the ship)

Once the ship is finished, a some sort of show should be created.

Supposed synopsis:
    "In the year (insert whenever), the (thing here) is at the brink of activation. The Charon must stop the (thing) in (insert length of time) or else, the space-time continuum will end as we know it."

/Space Titan Charon\

Reactions: Keptick
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    I have nothing to say, I play for like two years and only recently finished my first ship, with 10000 WIP's:)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    'Once the ship is finished'
    Well, you can just round off the ship first, make the show, then every update, just connect it to the plot!

therimmer96's synopsis:
    "These are the voyages of the motherfucking Charon. It's continuing mission to shit on bad PC's, blow up strange new worlds and to boldly pew, where no one has pew'd before."

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    For those wondering, I'm currently remaking the very front of the ship. It's literally the first part of the ship I made (2 years ago) and badly needed to be redone.

Let's be honest here,

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    UPDATE #34: New front

So yea, new front, look at the post above if you want to know why. I'll finish detailing it and adding weapons once I've decided what the weapons are actually going to be (cause the old ones suck *** now).
    So shiny, so pointy, so smooth!

I also added some grey armor plates in the mid section, in the spot closest to the wing turrets:

So yea, that's it for today. I haven't been playing much recently, so sorry for the wait. Next update should be the shuttle hangar, followed by sytems (the point I was at before the rail update came out). Opinions are welcome, as always :D

Last edited:

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Nice! You should add pyramid/spike things under where the wings are, though; the current design has looked a little weird ever since you detached the turrets from the hull.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Nice! You should add pyramid/spike things under where the wings are, though; the current design has looked a little weird ever since you detached the turrets from the hull.
    Not sure that I get what you mean >_>

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Update 35: New shuttle

Made a new shuttle, cause the old one sucked big time for looks and systems. There's also the fact that push pulse doesn't disable ships anymore (the old one had a logic activated push pulse array). Here's the new one:

• 110 mass (848 blocks)
    • 312 thrust
    • 400 dps (cannon/cannon)
    • 9862 e/sec (power stable for everything but the jump drive)
    • 3,000 shield, 60s/sec regen
    • 40k armor HP, 31k structure HP
    The shuttle's primary design goal was made to maximize survivability, with offensive capabilities taking the back seat. It has a stupid amount of armor for it's size (40k armor hp) and a 3:1 thrust/mass ratio. Paired with a jump drive and overdrive this shuttle makes for a nice little escape vehicle or just something that won't die to ambushes that easily (in case a trade deal goes wrong, for example).

For those wondering, it's actually a soul drone that I modified (a LOT), the front had to be chopped in order to match the hangar's door (which I'll need to expand a bit anyways). It ended up looking completely different, so I guess it's not necessarily a bad thing :p

Last edited:

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Update 35: New shuttle

Made a new shuttle, cause the old one sucked big time for looks and systems. There's also the fact that push pulse doesn't disable ships anymore (the old one had a logic activated push pulse array). Here's the new one:

• 110 mass (848 blocks)
    • 312 thrust
    • 400 dps (cannon/cannon)
    • 9862 e/sec (power stable for everything but the jump drive)
    • 3,000 shield, 60s/sec regen
    • 40k armor HP, 31k structure HP
    The shuttle's primary design goal was made to maximize survivability, with offensive capabilities taking the back seat. It has a stupid amount of armor for it's size (40k armor hp) and a 3:1 thrust/mass ratio. Paired with a jump drive and overdrive this shuttle makes for a nice little escape vehicle or just something that won't die to ambushes that easily (in case a trade deal goes wrong, for example).

For those wondering, it's actually a soul drone that I modified, the front had to be chopped in order to match the hangar's door (which I'll need to expand a bit anyways). It ended up looking completely different, so I guess it's not necessarily a bad thing :p
    Damn those thruster emission maps are to gud!!!

Reactions: Codirus

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Damn those thruster emission maps are to gud!!!
    I know righ! I just placed them down to see if the plumes would look good and boom, emission maps. Looks great as weapons too (I used them on the front of the ship for weapon outputs).

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    UPDATE 36: Shuttle hangar

Pretty self explanatory, I revamped the hangar with rails and adjusted it for the new shuttle. The opening/closing sequence is controlled from the shuttle (in flight mode) with a hotbar activator and wireless logic. It opens up at the click of a button and is just a lot more convenient than manually opening the door and everything.

It would be invisible if shading bugs weren't a thing...

The hangar is located here:

This marks the END OF THE RAIL REFITS, WOOOOOH. I'm now back at the point I was before the rail update. Meaning that I'll go back to working on systems, unless I find something else that needs work on (I probably will, sadly...). So yea, that's it for today, I hope you enjoyed the read!