Charon 2.0 - A WIP super titan [Update 5 : new medium turret]

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    and what if I want to visit you in a starfleet shittle? :(
    I'd visit you ;). The ship isn't built for visitors in mind, you'd have to be in my faction to move past the gravity tube hub anyways. I guess you could always just use one of the big hangars, or just go EVA.

To be honest the whole premise of receiving visitors/guests doesn't really fit with the rest of the ship. RP wise it's meant to intimidate (but not scare, I'd use red and black for that). A deterent if you will. There's no reason someone would want to visit that :p

What I do want to make is a diplomatic yacht of sorts that would fit in the hangars. The kind of thing I'd take out for trade (leave Charon parked a system or two away and to to the meating spot with the yacth). That one you could definitely visit :p.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    This is basically the only thing I log in here for. A few more updates and I might start my 3-5 year project too :3

Reactions: Keptick

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    This is basically the only thing I log in here for. A few more updates and I might start my 3-5 year project too :3
    I'm glad to see that you still have some interest! The next updates probably won't be as interesting since it'll mostly be systems. However, there's still some things I want to try out, so you never know :p

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Mini update

Just got some work done, the entire back half of the ship (so basically from the front of the bridge to the back) has been "cubified" internally for ease of system placement and refitting. It'll basically allow me to quickly fill in the ship with advanced build mode without having to worry about all the cavities it would normally cause (because of the slanted surfaces). Looks like this:

Now all that's left is this (lol T_T):

And part of the front since the systems were messed up when I remade it... And yea, those power storage blocks are temporary.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I just made an escape pod for fun, doubt I'll ever use it but still nice to have.

• Self-charging logic jump-drive, meaning that it warps out as soon as it undocks
    • Self-powered
    • 6% overdrive and 4/3 thrust/weight ratio in case the enemy has inhibitors.
    You see, it's a high-tech escape pod ;). I'll stick it somewhere in the ship, probably right below the core room.

Last edited:

Randomo

Commander
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Look like something Batman would use to be honest. Really cool, keep up the effort!

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    The day that escape pod is used 2 things happen.
    1. The world record holder for biggest doom-cube has just been broken
    2. Numerous reactors suddenly appear in various places around the galaxy

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I'M WORKING OK! THESE THINGS TAKE TIME!

Ok seriously though, work on the systems is going well, I got an other large area done today. Here's just a little part of it:
    And now moving on to this:
    Shouldn't be too bad, most of it is done already.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    I can agree that it takes time to make a massive ship. My titan took me about 3 months and that was during summer break when I worked on it daily for multiple hours. Take your time and make sure you make something great :D

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    Except while you did it in 3 months, this project has been going for 3 YEARS! It doesn't help that every time Schema updates the game Kep has to change his ship to include the stuff that update brings. At least he's on the home stretch, until the next major update at least.