Charon 2.0 - A WIP super titan [Update 5 : new medium turret]

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    So, there's still some stuff to do on the exterior but most of the essential stuff is in place (yay!). So I'll be moving on to interiors now! First off, a shiny core room (my first interior ever XD ).

Reactions: WarmasterRaptor

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    It just occurred to me about how FRAKING MASSIVE my ship was... I was just walking around in the (fairly enormous) core room and proceeded to get back into the core. I zoomed out and noticed just how small the core room was inside the ship... Seriously, I'll have to make a size comparison besides a well know ship :p[DOUBLEPOST=1412656650,1412654814][/DOUBLEPOST]Here it is besides @Orphaniel 's "the black", which is already a size-able (and amazing) ship!

note: the black looks bigger from this angle because it's much close to my point of view.

^_^

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Wow, i really like your progress so far.
    Nice to see that over such a long time and it is funny how big one thread just about one ship can grow :cool:

SCNR :D

Reactions: Rumcajz and Keptick

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Update #16 : Core room

That's right people, I finished the core room! The seat in the middle provides a direct neural interface with every function of the ship. For those wondering, the striking difference in colors from the rest of the ship was intended to give even more of a "high tech" appearance.

Yay for my first interior ever!

The initial spark of inspiration for this came from cerebro in X-men, for those wondering.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    That sure is a gorgeous ship.

Charon is ok too I guess :p

Seriously though, it looks great, the shape is good and it had it's own special style that none can deny. I look foreward to the progress as always.

Reactions: Keptick

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    That sure is a gorgeous ship.

Charon is ok too I guess :p

Seriously though, it looks great, the shape is good and it had it's own special style that none can deny. I look foreward to the progress as always.
    Thanks! You bring encouragement to my sleep deprived brain :D

Ps: look above your post

Last edited:

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Getting told "you should add in the systems and get it over with, why are you making the shell first, that's stupid and useless, your ship will become obsolete the moment you'll finish it. You've been working on it 1 year? lol (Implying that I have a problem...)" is seriously demotivating -_- ... Especially considering the person it came from... *cough* @Tomino_sama *cough*

I hope that you will see this and realize the meaning of what I was trying to say. I don't toss systems and random shit together and expect it to look nice, I actually craft my ships from a planned and predefined idea. The reason I'm making the shell first is to make it easier to refit the systems when something new comes out. In case it wasn't clear, I'm making this ship SO THAT IT LOOKS NICE and IS USABLE, and that would be extremely hard to do without making the hull first. Honestly, your behavior really didn't impress me.

Ps: Assuming that the person you're talking to is an ignorant about the game and critiquing a person's building technique, without actually knowing what the person is building or what that technique actually is, isn't something I'd recommend.
    Edit: I'm sure that it's all just a big misunderstanding (well, I hope so). I'd also like you to know that I've enjoyed our other conversations.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Getting told "you should add in the systems and get it over with, why are you making the shell first, that's stupid" is seriously demotivating -_- ... Especially considering the person it came from... *cough* @Tomino_sama *cough* (I'm really not impressed).
    Your ship is somewhat of an institution here, like that neat little church in barcelona its major feature is not being finished but still awesome :D
    (just teasing)

btw: nice core room!

:D

Reactions: Keptick

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Your ship is somewhat of an institution here, like that neat little church in barcelona its major feature is not being finished but still awesome :D
    (just teasing)

btw: nice core room!

:D
    I'm pretty sure that he was thinking that I was just making a normal sized ship (and I could hardly place a word in to explain). Oh well, I really had to vent some steam.

And thanks for the kind words, that put me back in my normal mental state :D

Last edited:

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Tomino not knowing what your building???

CALL THE FIRING SQUAD!!! WE HAVE LOW INFORMATION CRITICS WHO NEED A SHAKE DOWN!!!!!!!!!!

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I really like the white insides like the core room. But I'm not too sure if I want to make the rest of the interior darker so that the contrast with the core room is super intense or if I should do the entire interior in high tech white like that.

Decisions decisions decisions.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    White can easily become annoying and painful to the eyes.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Getting told "you should add in the systems and get it over with, why are you making the shell first, that's stupid and useless, your ship will become obsolete the moment you'll finish it. You've been working on it 1 year? lol (Implying that I have a problem...)" is seriously demotivating -_- ... Especially considering the person it came from... *cough* @Tomino_sama *cough*

I hope that you will see this and realize the meaning of what I was trying to say. I don't toss systems and random shit together and expect it to look nice, I actually craft my ships from a planned and predefined idea. The reason I'm making the shell first is to make it easier to refit the systems when something new comes out. In case it wasn't clear, I'm making this ship SO THAT IT LOOKS NICE and IS USABLE, and that would be extremely hard to do without making the hull first. Honestly, your behavior really didn't impress me.

Ps: Assuming that the person you're talking to is an ignorant about the game and critiquing a person's building technique, without actually knowing what the person is building or what that technique actually is, isn't something I'd recommend.
    Edit: I'm sure that it's all just a big misunderstanding (well, I hope so). I'd also like you to know that I've enjoyed our other conversations.
    I agree with you keptick, I build my shell, exterior and interior first then I add in the systems, then you can mould them around the shape.

And for those of you who tell him these things: STOP TELLING HIM THESE THINGS, YOU ARE WRONG. rant over

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    As a person who has had to update all his ships with new weapons and systems as they came out i can attest to the fact that leaving systems till last is by far the better choice when it comes to something like this.

And i saw your core room, kepkep, But I'd already posted, I think white should be used for the "deep core" the absolutely ship-vital secure areas, with slightly lesser areas such as storage and crew decks relegated to a less futuristic (but still awfully nice) layout.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    @Orphaniel , @blurb357 I 100% agree with you.

As for the interior, I'm going to do something like orph said (thanks about the tips :) ).