Charon 2.0 - A WIP super titan [Update 5 : new medium turret]

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Aww.. Also, it seems to me you have a fair amount of ships already, judging by how many different large and unique designs that seem to be contributed to you (galactus, charon, silmaril, all unique designs).
    Hmmmm true true.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    someday, when servers have better hardware, the CR will make a full scale Avatar (Well, more likely we'll start and give up halfway through, but..). And on that day you will show me how you made that beam on the Silmaril seem so solid. Or, more likely, you will laugh at me for trying to make such a large ship. One or the other. EDIT - the Avatar is 13816m long apparantly

Last edited:

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    someday, when servers have better hardware, the CR will make a full scale Avatar (Well, more likely we'll start and give up halfway through, but..). And on that day you will show me how you made that beam on the silmaril seem so solid. Or, more likely, you will laugh at me for trying to make such a large ship. One or the other.
    I used BearishMushroom 's pewier pews shader mod, which gives beams the thickness of a block. Combine that with a dual-waffle beam array and you get a solid beam :D.

That's what it looks like without the mod. From the angle I took the pic at it looks fine but from directly to the sides and from the top/bottom the grid is sort of visible, which the shader mod fixes (and it looks better).

Reactions: Rumcajz

TheOmega

The reason Deb needs meds
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Bruh, I'm looking at this and thinking to myselfs, I wonder how comparatively powerful my giant station will be to this. 2km long, but completely empty pretty much now. I'm currently strapping on 7 D sized batteries currently. Legit though, awesome everything. You are going for an angular with circles look, correct?

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Bruh, I'm looking at this and thinking to myselfs, I wonder how comparatively powerful my giant station will be to this. 2km long, but completely empty pretty much now. I'm currently strapping on 7 D sized batteries currently. Legit though, awesome everything. You are going for an angular with circles look, correct?
    Mostly angular, except that I like circular engines and giant doomguns :D

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I have only 1 warship so far (which isn't even rails ready) and I have a shipyard thread :p I think you should let the other models receive the praise they will get, they will deserve it. Quite amazing how you filled 42 pages so far with development on one ship. That is dedication!

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    When you finish this you should hand out blueprints on a major server and watch it turn into a race to finish the blueprints.
    Also, are those torpedo launch bays?
    Heat seeking missile launch tubes >:-D, but that's nothing new. I just managed to get a decent looking .gif of it.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    When you finish this you should hand out blueprints on a major server and watch it turn into a race to finish the blueprints.
    Also, are those torpedo launch bays?
    sounds like a good way to let a classified titan into the hands on the public

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    sounds like a good way to let a classified titan into the hands on the public
    Last time I checked this was keptick's personal project, kinda like Matt Bradock's Archer was not a classified CR ship at the time

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Some day... some day. [iframe src="[URL]http://shipviewer.ericmartindale.com/ships/avatar/embed?width=940&height=618[/URL]" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" width="940" height="618"][/iframe]

How do I get that to work properly?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    Last time I checked this was keptick's personal project, kinda like Matt Bradock's Archer was not a classified CR ship at the time
    your point is? i classify my personal projects to the point that NO ONE even in CR has had acces to them.
    i let a single refitted ship be accessed a while back havent let any others be seen or heard of

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    your point is? i classify my personal projects to the point that NO ONE even in CR has had acces to them.
    i let a single refitted ship be accessed a while back havent let any others be seen or heard of
    but.. he also said that at some point he would be releasing it, probably when done

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    ^ It's hardly classified, all the stats for everything are public.