Charon 2.0 - A WIP super titan [Update 5 : new medium turret]

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I could never taint my girl by strapping hideous drone racks to her hull. I don't mind though, I mean she's not suppose to be a drone carrier. If I REALLY wanted to I could convert the main hangar into drone bays which would give me an even greater capacity than you have, but then I wouldn't know how to launch the things from an interior space and I wouldn't have anywhere to dock normal ships.
    Yea, the drones one my ship are just a little extra too (if it was a specialized carrier the number would be in the thousands).

Just little something to emphasize the "Better start running now, boy" effect on enemies.

Reaction score
    Yea, the drones one my ship are just a little extra too (if it was a specialized carrier the number would be in the thousands).

Just little something to emphasize the "Better start running now, boy" effect on enemies.
    Well for me I would like more drones since my ship doesn't have turrets, it's all the drones. But what can you do, I'm designing it to be a jack of all trades and we all know how that saying goes. Also wish I could have drone racks, having to dock 90 drones after every battle is gonna suck massively.

That said, how do you launch drones from inside the ship? Wouldn't they run into your hull and glitch out? Cuz I mean I do have hangars for fighters that I could convert into drone bays if I knew how to make them actually leave the hangar.

Reaction score
    Have to say, WAU

=) very good looking ship.

Did you mine and get all the materials for it or did you build it in Creative mode ?

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Have to say, WAU

=) very good looking ship.

Did you mine and get all the materials for it or did you build it in Creative mode ?
    Oh hell no XD. I just spawned them in, I don't like interrupting building because I ran out of materials. I won't be using it on my single player anyways (and if I do I'll spawn it in legit). So I'll still have to gather all the materials to use it on a server.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Ok, I'm putting the drone bay upgrade on hold until we get rails. Would be kinda pointless to have to redo it all.

Blakpik

Angler
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Someone who can draw a blueprint for a ship, and actually follow it without just basically winging it and ending up with something completely different. Well done, that's actually pretty cool.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Someone who can draw a blueprint for a ship, and actually follow it without just basically winging it and ending up with something completely different. Well done, that's actually pretty cool.
    ahahaha, I drew the blueprint after most of what's on it was already built. And some stuff I didn't like, that's why it's so different now :P

Reactions: Top 4ce

Blakpik

Angler
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    ahahaha, I drew the blueprint after most of what's on it was already built. And some stuff I didn't like, that's why it's so different now :p
    Fair enough, the only planning I go into with my ships is what they are gonna be (like an Attack Fighter etc.) but even then they tend to be larger than I originally planned so my "Attack Fighter" becomes an "Attack Corvette".

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    So... after a month of not working on this thing I visualized a way to make and install the PD turrets in a way that'll hopefully look nice. I'm gonna do that today :p

Oh, and I spawned the botched system version on Elwyn Eternity and had some fun with it. The result? The medium turrets took damage to missiles (won't happen with anti-missile turrets). The rest? Completely indestructible. Nothing really survives the 150 million damage super weapon either ^_^. Is it worth mentioning that the super turret does 5 million damage per shot? xD

Last edited:

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Just tell me, how many planets had to be eradicated to get the shields for it?
    I am sitting over here proud to have amassed a mere 20k shield capacitors, and wonder how expensive indestructible shielding is with damage growing linearily while shields have diminishing returns.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Just tell me, how many planets had to be eradicated to get the shields for it?
    I am sitting over here proud to have amassed a mere 20k shield capacitors, and wonder how expensive indestructible shielding is with damage growing linearily while shields have diminishing returns.
    Elwyn Eternity has rather big and evil custom pirates. I farmed those in order to get the shields. Killed them, salvaged them, shot the pirate station to call more, etc... I have to admit, PvE is quite fun with proper enemies.

In case you're wondering, I used the galactus to farm those pirates, it's an amazing resource gathering tool (both for normal mining and PvE).

Edit: I did have to mine a couple planets for the armor and whatnot. While I did it by hand, using auto-miners would actually make the job not that bad.

Reactions: Rumcajz

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I really like that pic for some reason

Some slight technical difficulties with the turrets on the left side, don't mind that.

Blakpik

Angler
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10

Some slight technical difficulties with the turrets on the left side, don't mind that.
    That's probably because it is f***ing terrifying :).

Top 4ce

Force or Ace?
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9

Needs more..... wait you know what, that's a good number of turrets.

Reaction score
    Always impressed by your work, in fact you're on of the top 3 builders whom I try to aspire to in my work. What kind of cannon setup do you use for that anti-missile turret?

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Always impressed by your work, in fact you're on of the top 3 builders whom I try to aspire to in my work. What kind of cannon setup do you use for that anti-missile turret?
    Thanks , that really means a lot to me :)

As for the PD, I use two overlapped single block group cannon grids. That way there's basically a wall of cannon going at the enemy missile, ensuring that it gets hit even if the AI doesn't have perfect aim. In addition to that I slave the entire thing to an other cannon system to get 100% rapidfire. Missiles don't have health, that's why single block groups can be used.

Reactions: Top 4ce
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Very epic ship. It is insane I love the shape, color, theme and detail. Amazing work just... Amazing

Reactions: Keptick