Character model, guns and personal mining device, warp portals with sketches!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The image I posted is a sketch for how I think the idea Cosmonaut could be modeled. The model now feels very out of place in the cubed world of Starmade. So I created a model with homeage to Minecraft & Kerbal Space. It would be nice to see a skin uploaded so you could have faction skins, and so forth.

I also added the idea of a weapons system, while I know they are planned here is a very basic and easy to navigate system. This game focuses more on ship creation, exploration, and star fighting in ships, I think the shooting aspect of this game should be simplistic. A rifle that you have to charge in a crate sort of thing, as opposed to reloading you can only have the weapon fire for so long before you need to place it in a crate to recharge. This would be a great idea for assault craft, have everyone in a ship grab a rifle before exit and storm the enemys huge station, or fleet cruiser or what have you, it saves the need for having to reload and makes weapons standard. This is the future daggonnit and old balistics are out of the question, we are talking lasers! Very minimal damage to any ship block, but to other Space Cadets its very damaging.

And finally, the Personal Mining device. Based after a jackhammer it sends sonic pulses into the block dispersing it right into your inventory, or leaving it float until you pick it up like minecraft. It to needs to be recharged like the pulse rifle. I like the idea of having a universal recharger for all your out of ship exploration. Kind of like the black and decker tools that share the same battery pack.

Warping, very similar to how a "nether gate" functions. You have a control module that designates the portal, names it, and turns it off and on, and then warp modules that are linked to the Control module in a square, so you can have rectangles and squares any size. In between these are Warp Amplifiers, and you can see how one would be designed in the sketch. The Control Module can be activated via the computer, so you do not need to get out to activate it. To go to a portal you select your destination via GUI and you must pass your ships core through the portal, so small portals for large flagships are a no go. I'm not sure how to work this out if the recieving end is smaller, but thats what tomorrow is for.

Reaction score
    I really support this. The gun looks good, and the Model isn\'t just a copy of Minecraft. It\'s pretty awesome looking. I\'d love to see this in game.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    My intent is to make it simple. Everyone is throwing out ideas that are really intricate. I feel that simplicity is what made minecraft prosper. The weapons can be bought along with mining from the shop. Or produced through crafting. I h a few more ideas to throw at You guys when i get home. ave

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Content updated with Warp ideas. Let me hear your thoughts guys, or am I just wasting my breath?

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I\'m a big fan of the rifle and character models idea, and I like the warp idea as well, but I would rather have a full ship module where one puts in the sector numbers (IE 2, 2, 2) and you and your ship are teleported there. Takes a large amount of energy to do so the ship module is encouraged for bigger ships, thus encouraging carriers. Great ideas though!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    In all honesty, I\'d rather have semi-realistic cosmonaut model with no face visible. Right now most of the community seems to be actually moving into direction of serious industrial expansion and combat on many of the servers where they\'re not restricted to just building stuff. Current player model is already quite painfully clashing with the mood and while this one may be aesthetically more developed, it gives me same kind of impression - a happy spacey adventure for players 3-13 years old.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Man that is cool idea i will throw my money on this. so we just need godbless for this that Devs can make it true.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think this would easily be fixed by a skin editor. I think having a blocky\'ish model fits more with the mood, while I completely agree with the serious side, you can achieve this easily by creating your own skin, uploading it and playing in a faction where your Commander, and everyone has a skin that is relevant to position, rank, and activities they do. Leaving some areas blank would remove that part, so achieving a helmetless model for inside cabins would be possible if that is the role to play.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    At unnamed visitor.

Here is an example of a Commander \"Role\" or squadron fighter, skins open up the Star-made world even more, and is achievable with just 1 model.

Reaction score
    I just have to write my idea for stuff!

Hyperdrive, for light speed! After locking on a safe path, It could maybe travel about the lenght of a sector in 3 seconds, but then have to recharge, like weapons!