Changeable Shield Load & Regeneration

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I've just been thinking about shield load and recharge rate being inversely proportional to each other, and the ability to change them like you can change ROF/damage and all those things on weapons. The power usage wouldn't change, only load, recharge and the delay when shields are down.

Shield load: 50 (0%) - 400 (50%) - 800 (100%)

Shield recharge per second: 1 (0%) - 4 (50%) - 8 (100%)

The delay when shields are down would change with the shield recharge, from 2 seconds (100%) to 20 seconds (0%)

This way one could choose: A shield that can absorb a very large amount of damage but is very slow at regenerating, one that can't take much but recharges fast, or something in between.

I haven't put much thought into this, so improvement suggestions are welcome.

Also tables are broken.

Reaction score
    The recharge delay should get smaller as you increase the recharge speed, otherwise it defeats the purpose of increasing the recharge rate. personally I think that shields should not have a recharge delay. Recharge should be based off of the amount of power a ship has available.

For example:

If you have a fighter ship that has a low capacity shield because of the low number of blocks, if it has an excess amount of power it should be able to recharge it\'s shield faster. If it has enough power it could even recharge the entire shield.

In this way you can conserve power on a ship by having a high capacity shield, which draws less power per second. Or you can consreve shield blocks by having lots of power

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Whoops, I made a mistake there. Of course I meant that the delay should decrease as the recharge speed increases :)

As for removing the delay completely and making recharge dependent on energy input, it doesn\'t sound too bad. I\'m not exactly a huge fan of the delay either but I\'m not sure about removing it.

Reaction score
    Fine tuning power that is designated to say shields, weapons, etc would do wonders in a system like this one. That way there is not a requirement for the amount of shield blocks vs recharge but is directly proportional to how you balance power vs recharge.

I would also like to see some way to safe \"profiles\" of settings if something like this gets implimented, as you could re balance your ships defenses based on what type of engaugment you are planning to partake in.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Having the three aspects be tweakable.

Total Power

Recharge Rate

Recharge Delay

Could add a whole new layer of depth.