Change in Blueprint formats?

Reaction score
    Hey everybody,

I have a bit of an issue. A few months ago (around december 2013, january 2014) I set up a SM server with a friend that resulted in a bunch of awesome blueprints. I set up a script to back-up the blueprints and server-db every week but then at some point we stopped playing and stopped checking on the server.

A few days ago I got into SSH and saw a couple dozen bash mail errors that after backing-up the server (and running the jar to update) it couldn't load the server anymore. Manually doing the same resulted in the same.

So I tried copying one of the backups (one from 8.1.2014 and one more recent ~27.4.2014) onto my computer and try setting up the server locally. It's less the world that we'd be interested in but rather the blueprints of which none seem to work anymore. I copied the various blueprint files into the proper directory but they're not being picked up by the game.

Other blueprints created in the current server will however be created in that directory. So question now is:

Has there been a change of format for blueprints recently? Is there a tool to update them? :s Because there are countless hours in those blueprints and it would be really bad to loose them.

SpaceKookie

Reaction score
    • Tester
    My old blueprints are still working!
    maybe you have to reimport them through the starter option -> Ship Catalog Manager ??

Reaction score
    There were changes in the format, but the implementation is backwards compatible. If you have these blueprints in your local directory, you should be able to access them ingame via the "Upload from local" (or similar) button in the catalog manager.

Reaction score
    Hey! Alright, thanks for the replies. That worked. Had me worried for a bit :P