Change how Gravity Unit and Activation Modules interact

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Currently, if you link an activation module to a gravity unit, being in astronaut mode and activating the activation module is the same as using the gravity module.

I think it would be nice if you could use logic to toggle the gravity state of your ship as always on or off. So if you had the gravity module activated ON, when someone aligns themselves to your ship, they automatically get under the ship's gravity influence without having to find the grav unit, pass through area triggers, etc.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Counter proposal: Slave Gravity Module to Ship Core then have it work as you intended.

I would still want normal gravity toggle to be an option.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    It would affect intruders tough.

First, you need a personal gravity align item.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    Currently, if you link an activation module to a gravity unit, being in astronaut mode and activating the activation module is the same as using the gravity module.

I think it would be nice if you could use logic to toggle the gravity state of your ship as always on or off. So if you had the gravity module activated ON, when someone aligns themselves to your ship, they automatically get under the ship's gravity influence without having to find the grav unit, pass through area triggers, etc.
    This seems sensible, but would require a device allowing astronauts to deliberately refuse gravity otherwise boarding is gone.

Exozen

C-D SOLDIER
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    How about Magnetic boots? Put them in inventory like the helmet, when equipped, aligning to a block-face you're looking at will cause you attach to that face as if it were the floor. Unfortunately you'll be unable to jump or run, but you can stick to any surface. (Maybe they could only work on hull/armor and other metal blocks)

Could work well with a grappling hook/beam.

Reactions: kiraen
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Gravity that stayed on would be cool. I think it should be limited to the hull of the ship/station though. As in, gravity affects nothing beyond the outermost layer of the crafts hull. Then boarding is relatively unaffected.

I would like to see magnetic boots myself, that grapple on contact when not in gravity. Have the ability to grapple to a surface and align and walk like normal. Could have it tied into the normal grapple/align function with space bar. Pressing space bar ungrapples and places you back in freefall(no jumping). When not wearing the magnetic boots, you just grapple and align like normal. It would be useful for things where you wouldn't want gravity, and potentially help with boarding.