1. We've removed some functionality from SMD in preparation for a migration to new forum software. We expect to make the move before August.

Change hideous dark theme to light theme in forums?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jebblue, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Jebblue

How do I change the hideous dark theme to light theme in forums?

2. MChain

Why would you want to? Dark themes have benefits over light ones. They are safer for your eyes. Plus they remind of vast darkness of space, which is nowhere bright and sunny, and we play a space game, don't forget it xD

3. jayman38

jayman38 Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore

You might consider the greasemonkey addon to modify the website attributes for your browser.

4. Jebblue

About half the world's population has difficulty with light on dark instead of dark on light. There are decades of research into this. That's why.
      --- Updated post (merge), Apr 28, 2019, Original Post Date: Apr 28, 2019 ---
      Thanks, not a bad idea but I don't install browser addons, they require too many permissions and that's not a good idea from a security perspective.

5. OfficialCoding

OfficialCoding Currently Fleet Building

Dark theme is the best! Just try Discord light theme. I for one had to wear a welding mask to be able to use it.
      Jokes aside though, Dark Theme is easier on the eyes, but I guess it could be an option maybe. I got the Dark Theme extension for Chrome, and now literally everything I use is dark theme.

6. DeepspaceMechanic

Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page, open the window marked on the screenshot below, and select "Default Theme" (which looks bad, and makes user-formatted white texts invisible):

Untitled.png

• Like Like x 2