Change Build Blocks?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    so its still 1000 a sec, but scaled up, but problem with that, is what if im not using symmetry, on my planet, I tore out a large ish chunk for a build in hangar. I have yet to put a roof on it, but I have to go out and sell some the of the minerals and rocks I used in that area. So I did use BB to get those stuff, but I had to clear it out.
    Scaling would imply that the delay would be 1, 2, 4, or 8 seconds depending on number of planes of symmetry your using. As for what your actually using the end minerals for, why would that matter?

Reaction score
    Currently build blocks can remove 8000 blocks, why?
    Because of the 10x10x10 placing and removing and symmetry.
    Way to fix this?
    Reduce the 10x10x10 to something like 3x3x3. (3x3x3 would be the max dimensions you could set it to)
    10x10x10=1000 1000x8=8000
    3x3x3=27 27x8=216
    8000-216=7784
    So by reducing it to 3x3x3 you could remove 7784 blocks per click less than with 10x10x10
    That would be my way of fixing this.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Still pointless without a delay. Under current design you can remove blocks as fast as you can click, even if the server can't keep up. I know this because I’m guilty of using BB's to mine planets like most players, and with symmetry and some prior planning I can indeed delete millions of blocks in under a minute. Even at 8000 blocks a click.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    while I completely agree there needs to be some form of control over the problem of BB mining,

there also needs to be either an admin over-ride or complete server configuration options in place , because the current removal of advanced build mode from asteroids has virtually eliminated the possibility of building huge static derelict ships (without a ship core) for RP scenarios, unless you want to build the entire thing in astronaut mode, or have it so any player can build it back up and fly it away.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    Spock reacts to Build block changes.

To the OP - you are correct. It is exploity when a player simply ADV build removes a planet with symmetry. This renders the Salvagers pretty useless. They are only used then for asteroids, which cannot be used with the build block.

Last edited:
    Reactions: SkylordLuke

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Whats wrong with my idea, in 24 hours they can remove 1440 blocks, and if you remove build block, its for the structure, so you would beed to claim a planet/station for along time to clear it out, where my mini salvager does 200 blocks persecond, so salvager to the win
    ...See, this is why the Disagree button is a bad idea, actually... It makes people just hit 'dislike' rather than just explaining what they don't like.

Reaction score
    Restricting the amount of blocks you can add or remove with a build block could very easily lead to annoying issues when working on a large scale construction project.
    In my opinion perhaps the best way to handle this would be to require faction ownership of the planet with either a delay before editing becomes available after claiming the planet or by making claiming a planet a considerable investment in the faction point system they are planning on.

As things are personally I don't really use build blocks for mining except in rare cases; my salvage ships are faster.

Reaction score
    A delay based on the amount of planes is probably the easiest way.

Reaction score
    Sure, its easy, but you still have a finger that feels like somebody stuck a nail in it. It's more of a scale: Having alto of in-game money vs. having finger. Not to mention with the block-per-second/minute/whatever even with 10 per second it still will porbably take about 30 seconds to remove a hill. Terra-forming already takes forever.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yeah, let's go with claim time for your faction before you can put build blocks on them (or use build blocks, actually)

Reaction score
    but that still presses the issue, with a large faction with lots of faction points, they can claim 3 or 4 planets and then wreck havoc later. I think claim time but a certain amount of blocks per day? Every day after fully claimed, you can remove 30 000 non-player placed blocks.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Except you can only remove the blocks once. As long as it takes long enough to claim it, BB'ing things to death isn't any faster or game-breaking than using a resonable-sized salvager.

generalBLT13

Scary grrrrr
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Purchased!
    Spock reacts to Build block changes.

To the OP - you are correct. It is exploity when a player simply ADV build removes a planet with symmetry. This renders the Salvagers pretty useless. They are only used then for asteroids, which cannot be used with the build block.
    but i want to build a base in an asteroid
    :(

Reaction score
    I really dont understand people's issues with the build block. It is flipping useful as shit when working on big ships or even planets. Sure someone COULD abuse it by farming an entire planet, but as mentioned, the speed of a build block can be matched or near matched by a medium sized salvage ship. MEANING if someone made a massive salvage ship, they could eat a planet in a matter of minutes.

Plus, with shops having limited funds, you can't sell off, nor even physically store, all the blocks in one location. It is literally more trouble to try and manage eating up a planet then it is worth.

Don't like it, don't use it, but stop trying to screw over those that do like it.

Reaction score
    A nice big salvager is the way to go if you want to mine a planet; build blocking takes too much time. :)

Personally I don't have any issues with the build block and it is extremely useful, altough I can understand some people see it as a too easy way to salvage, people thinking that way need to upscale their salvagers.

Those planning on some block restrictions for it, keep in mind that people do build stations and planetary bases with millions of blocks in them and doing something that prohibits such actions would be detrimental to the game itself.

Reaction score
    Exactly. The build blocks are powerful, yes, but they are extremely beneficial to building.